CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #1321
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:
Re: Marianne's log

Gym has been closed for 2 days now with the storm up here. Yesterday I actually did a P90X program of chest and back. I like that one because it is all pushups and pullups. I think there are like 8-10 rounds and I do at between 5-7 pullups in each set (the grip is different on each one) and 20-30 pushups for each set. it really does work that chest and back.

today:
1 mile run then rest one min, then
3 rounds
15 OHS (RX was 95#!! I used58# cuz my shoulder has been still really weak)
30 ab mat situps
45 KB swings (16KG -one pood)
total time: 32:45
I really had to take this one slow with long breaks. I thought I was going to get sick. I couldn't put bar down because I didn't have a rack, so I rested on my back if I had to break sets up. I went straight through for first set, but rest were broken.
This was a lot harder for me than it looks. the KB swings were really hard on my back and by the end I had to break up a lot.
well.. at least I did something.. now to shovel....
Old 02-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #1322
Nancy Cohen

Profile:

Hi Marianne! Awesome work, as always. And the snow shoveling..that is a huge workout, so don't over-do it!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:44 AM   #1323
Deb Weber

Profile:

Nice job Marianne, your back must be made of steel!! That would kill me, low back & hip flexibility is what's holding me back in my lifts right now (the new place, you just have to go so LOW for OHS & maintain an upright back w/arch!). AND THEN YOU SHOVELED?? Damn girl!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #1324
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Cohen View Post
Hi Marianne! Awesome work, as always. And the snow shoveling..that is a huge workout, so don't over-do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Borbone View Post
Nice job Marianne, your back must be made of steel!! That would kill me, low back & hip flexibility is what's holding me back in my lifts right now (the new place, you just have to go so LOW for OHS & maintain an upright back w/arch!). AND THEN YOU SHOVELED?? Damn girl!
Thanks Guys.. I am glad and lucky that my son did most of the clean out, but it has been pretty brutal up here in CT these past couple of weeks!! We are all getting leaking into our houses from the gutters backing up. Last week I went out to try to clear off some of the ice in the roof/gutter area and whacked my head on the ice. I started bleeding so bad you would think there was a murder with all the blood!! I stayed out of the gym for a couple of days cuz I really thought I had a concussion!

back at it today.
Back squat: 3x3
did : bar only for 10, 95x5, 135 x 3, then working sets : 155 x3x3

Bench press: 3 x3
did : bar only x 10, 65 x5, 85 x 5, then working sets: 95 x 3 x 3

then I did the masters wod #2 posted on facebook for the masters:
it is it is with a 10 min running clock: every minute on the minute you do: 3 pullups, 6 pushups, 9 squats, then for whatever time is left for the minute you do thrusters. The score is the weight x total thrusters. (you can choose whatever weight you want). I did 55# thrusters and did a total of 45 thrusters for a total weight of 2475.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #1325
Nik Nichols

Profile:

WOW! Nice work on the thrusters!! Really nice work!!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #1326
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
WOW! Nice work on the thrusters!! Really nice work!!
Thanks nik:I was just looking at some of the total weights some women posted. Laurie Carver who I think won the masters division last year did almost double what I did! it is quite humbling. The good news is that many women didn't do it RX'd (I assume they used band for pullups) and many had less total weight than I did. I would say I was somewhere in the middle of the people who posted. Overall I am happy with that. with my shoulder and all.. I'll take middle of the road any day!!

I am going to start a "bulgarian weight lifting" thing that some people of my gym are doing. It is a lifting program with 6 lifts that focus on the oly lifts. It is a 23 day program and I really want to try to do something to increase total strength, esp shoulder.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #1327
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Urbanski View Post
Thanks nik:I was just looking at some of the total weights some women posted. Laurie Carver who I think won the masters division last year did almost double what I did! it is quite humbling. The good news is that many women didn't do it RX'd (I assume they used band for pullups) and many had less total weight than I did. I would say I was somewhere in the middle of the people who posted. Overall I am happy with that. with my shoulder and all.. I'll take middle of the road any day!!

I am going to start a "bulgarian weight lifting" thing that some people of my gym are doing. It is a lifting program with 6 lifts that focus on the oly lifts. It is a 23 day program and I really want to try to do something to increase total strength, esp shoulder.
Sounds good on the new program I love the oly. I'd like to see what your program is.

As for the numbers put up on the workout. I figure I'm middle to low myself. I just don't have the strenth in the bug lifts to carry me on the heavy metcons, and my running is painful slow.

So your shoulde seems ok after the workout.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #1328
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Sounds good on the new program I love the oly. I'd like to see what your program is.

As for the numbers put up on the workout. I figure I'm middle to low myself. I just don't have the strenth in the bug lifts to carry me on the heavy metcons, and my running is painful slow.

So your shoulde seems ok after the workout.
I was just looking at the bench marks for the masters people on the facebook site. I can hang in there for some stuff, like my fran time and cindy, but like you, my running is soooooo slow that it is embarassing! My row is bad too. needless to say I didn't post my benchmarks.
interesting you ask about my shoulder.. no, it isn't right. I definitely feel it after the workout today. I get so mad cuz I want it to be better and strong.. I will let you know the workout when I get it from the guy who is going to send it to me.. Like I said it is a 23 day program with a variety of 6 lifts inc oly and front squats.. not sure of the details yet, but I like the structure of it. did you see that I am registered for the oly lifting cert in June? I am pumped for that!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #1329
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Urbanski View Post
I was just looking at the bench marks for the masters people on the facebook site. I can hang in there for some stuff, like my fran time and cindy, but like you, my running is soooooo slow that it is embarassing! My row is bad too. needless to say I didn't post my benchmarks.
interesting you ask about my shoulder.. no, it isn't right. I definitely feel it after the workout today. I get so mad cuz I want it to be better and strong.. I will let you know the workout when I get it from the guy who is going to send it to me.. Like I said it is a 23 day program with a variety of 6 lifts inc oly and front squats.. not sure of the details yet, but I like the structure of it. did you see that I am registered for the oly lifting cert in June? I am pumped for that!
Great new on the oly cert!
Sorry about the shoulder. I went through a wile with shoulder probles, but I'm good now. I hope it gets better for you, I know how annoying it can be.

We all have our strenth and weakness, I wouldn't worry about the others on the masters.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:36 AM   #1330
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Today I am starting the Bulgarian workout that you can find on Coach B's site www.mikesgym.com (WFS) under programs.. We discussed it in the gym yesterday and we are going to all use 15# less than our 1rm for the first round of this since it is supposed to be for more elite lifters. I liked it because it felt nice and light, but with a lot of reps so I could work on form. it is a 23 day program that you can do 3 days/week or 4. I am going to try for 4, but I have a couple weeks coming up where I am travelling through Monday, so we will see...
today:
[IMG]file:///Users/docfloss/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/docfloss/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/docfloss/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]Snatch:
73% 2 x 3 at 35#
77%: 3 x 2 at 38#
88%: 5 x 1 at 45#

Clean and Jerk:
73%: 2 x 3 at 55#
88%: 5 x 1 at 65#

Front Squat:
85%: 2 x 2 at 105#
90%: 5 x 1 at 115#