CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
Scott Ichiiwa

Profile:
Who gives the best package deals?

Im looking to buy a few items and wanted to know where , if anyone supplies good package deals within the usa?

I looked on the rogue site and asked Kim(canada) but he doesnt give package deals except what is on the site. i have yet to hear back from Bill(USA)

Im looking to buy 350 of bumpers
a good bar
squat rack with or without a pull-up bar
collars
pullup bar

optional:
if price is good a reverse hyper.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: Who gives the best package deals?

I've never heard of anything but outstanding service from Rogue. They do a lot of custom packages with reasonable shipping.

If they can't get what you want, check out Again Faster.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
Dan Leary

Profile:

Eric Carpenter at MuscleDriverUSA.com
Old 12-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
Fern Webb

Profile:

A few tips
Your lowest absolute price (but high inconvenience) will be to get a package shipped to Blaine. You can get a temporary receiving address there and depending on how much stuff you get and how long it sits before you pick it up it may barely cost anything. Shipping to Blaine lets you benefit from Continental US shipping rates. Google will bring up lots of options. I use an outfit called Hagen's of Blaine, but they would not be the best choice for what you are looking to order.
Make sure your receipt shows shipping as a separate line NOT included in the package price. Because you don't have to pay HST on shipping when you import.
If you buy all US-Made stuff then you shouldn't have extra duties beyond HST (NAFTA) - if you get Chinese made stuff you may or may not get charged extra (I never have but YMMV). Make sure the receipt states US-made.
Don't bother with a customs broker. Just go get it yourself and bring it through as an informal entry, same as if you had gone shopping at a mall. Have multiple copies of your receipts, your passport, and a few hours in case you draw extra scrutiny (unlikely). Be honest and patient with the border staff. People do this ALL the time and there is nothing illegal about it as long as you pay the HST. If the HST on your import amounts to less than about $100 they may just waive you through anyways.

The other end of the convenience/price scale is just to buy from a local shop. Fitness Town in Burnaby has everything on your list - Pendlay equipment, Legend racks, Reverse Hyper.

Rogue Canada probably lies somewhere in between these options both in price and convenience. I've bought from them but in the end decided to go back to ordering from US to Blaine because the cost savings was worth it when I considered the CAN$:USD being nearly par and the shipping cost difference.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
Dustin Sellinger

Profile:

hah, Go Blaine!

Useful for one thing at least.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
Michael Loucas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Leary View Post
Eric Carpenter at MuscleDriverUSA.com
I've tried requesting special bulk packages from MuscleDriver in the past but had no dice. Maybe you'll have better luck than me.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Loucas View Post
I've tried requesting special bulk packages from MuscleDriver in the past but had no dice. Maybe you'll have better luck than me.
What were you looking for, Michael? MuscleDriver has packages with their Econ bumpers or their Elite bumpers and with their NexGen HD bar or their bearing bar. Eric is a great guy.

For the OP, I have ordered smaller items from Rogue, and they have an excellent reputation. My bumpers, bar, and squat stands all came from Again Faster.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Michael Loucas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
What were you looking for, Michael? MuscleDriver has packages with their Econ bumpers or their Elite bumpers and with their NexGen HD bar or their bearing bar. Eric is a great guy.

For the OP, I have ordered smaller items from Rogue, and they have an excellent reputation. My bumpers, bar, and squat stands all came from Again Faster.
I was ordering a lot of bumpers, like 400-500+ lbs or something. I forget the exact poundage but I asked if they could just give me the plates I needed, rather than having to order multiple sets and be stuck with extra bumpers I didn't need (doubles of 25's or 35's etc) and they wouldn't do it.
This was back when they had the brass inserts for their econ bumpers so it was quite some time ago. I've since bought from Rogue and had a great customer service experience from them.

Also I'll add that I didn't deal with Eric at all, so perhaps that was my issue. I dealt with Cisilly Respass. I had other customer service issues as well which is what led me to switch to Rogue.

I still use my Pendlay bar though that I got from them and its awesome.

Last edited by Michael Loucas; 12-23-2010 at 04:22 PM..
Old 12-23-2010, 09:28 PM   #9
Andy Gann

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Loucas View Post
I was ordering a lot of bumpers, like 400-500+ lbs or something. I forget the exact poundage but I asked if they could just give me the plates I needed, rather than having to order multiple sets and be stuck with extra bumpers I didn't need (doubles of 25's or 35's etc) and they wouldn't do it.
This was back when they had the brass inserts for their econ bumpers so it was quite some time ago. I've since bought from Rogue and had a great customer service experience from them.

Also I'll add that I didn't deal with Eric at all, so perhaps that was my issue. I dealt with Cisilly Respass. I had other customer service issues as well which is what led me to switch to Rogue.

I still use my Pendlay bar though that I got from them and its awesome.
I got my bumper set from MD - the cheap Hi Temp sets made from melted down tires ... i think. They were out of the 25s and I can't remember how long they said that I would have to wait. Per my request - MD contacted Rogue and paid them to have two 25s sent to me.

Great Customer Service IMO - and I love my Pendlay HD as well ... :-)
Old 12-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
Scott Ichiiwa

Profile:

All great info.... thanks alot guys and girls.

sounds like it is muscle driver or rogue so far.... maybe again faster?