CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 04-02-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
Sean Dunston

Profile:
UFC Fight Night 4-1-09

Junie was silenced quickly... I'd love to know what Cole Miller yelled at him after the stoppage.

Nice to see Ryan Bader get a good win. Is it just me, or did he look bigger last night than during TUF?

I was a little bummed about the Condit decision -- I guess it just goes to show that reasonable minds may differ.

Discuss?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
David Geiger

Profile:
Re: UFC Fight Night 4-1-09

Haven't had a chance to watch them yet. It was good that Junie got put in his place. I will have to watch them this weekend and give you some followup thoughts.

Kind of a side thought does it seem weird that Amir (the TUF season 07 winner) hasn't had any fights yet? He was on a fight card like 3 months ago but must have been pulled before the event. Seems kind of weird to waste that kind of rally. I'm sure he had some fans after that season ended.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Allen Russell

Profile:

Amir broke his clavicle (spelling?). It was nice to see Junie go down. I believe in the interview Cole said that he asked him "Who's overrated now?" or something along those lines.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Russell View Post
Amir broke his clavicle (spelling?). It was nice to see Junie go down. I believe in the interview Cole said that he asked him "Who's overrated now?" or something along those lines.

ouch!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
Joshua Murphy

Profile:

Yeah, there were some good fights. The Condit match was close, and they were both tough.

I really liked the Tyson Griffin fight. He is definitely a "fans" fighter. I am surprised he was still walking after that leg compression hold he was stuck in during the first round.

"Warp Spasm" courtesy of http://www.anne-madden.com/LeBPages/...bration21.html (WFS)
Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
Steven Holm

Profile:

I thought matching up Condit with Kampman for his first UFC fight was a bad idea. Alot of people wondered if Condit belonged in the top 10 rankings for the weight class, and last night really didn't answer that question. Seems like a fighter more established at 170 would have made more sense. Either way though, good night of fights. I enjoyed the card.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Murphy View Post
I am surprised he was still walking after that leg compression hold he was stuck in during the first round.
No doubt.

I'm about to have knee surgery and I could barely watch that - especially the replays.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
Michael DeLuca

Profile:

I don't think Junie should have even been in the ring with Cole Miller. Cole is an experienced young fighter with some really good jiu jitsu skills and ok standup. I don't agree with how the UFC set that fight up. I hope they don't bring Junie along in the Leben way and just feed him to better fighters because he has a great personality to sell fights. Don't get me wrong, I liked seeing Junie get choked out that quickly, but I think the kid has real talent and could be good.

I thought Bader looked great. His wrestling right now is probably towards the top in the 205 class.

As for Condit, it just goes to show you about the jump in talent from the WEC to the UFC. Kampmann was a solid 185er, nothing special, and he looks really good at 170. He went right at Condit and I thought it was a valid decision even though last night my biased opinion was that Condit should have won.