CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 06-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
Rob Sheldon

Profile:
I just moved here from upstate NY... is there anyone doing Crossfit in this area? Pretty much every gym that I've checked out in this area is targeted more towards form rather than function. And I don't really want to drive 90 miles to the closest affiliate site... Can anyone help me out?

Rob Sheldon
Old 06-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #2
Ben Abbott

Profile:
Ron,

While not exactly in the area, there are a few of us up in the Jacksonville area that are Crossfitters. At the moment we don't have a set place to workout or time to meet (most of us are just coming off post-deployment leave). I am in the process of building up a home gym for us and as soon as a property in VA sells I should be able to purchase the rest of the equipment we need as well as build a building in my back yard to house the equipment. Anyways, I would be interested in finding out if there are anymore of us in the area as well.

Ben
Old 06-07-2007, 02:10 AM   #3
John Velandra

Profile:
Rob,
If ever you do decide to drive to Fayetteville, we'll make the wod in your honor! It'll be worth it!:biggrinthumb:
Old 06-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
Rob Sheldon

Profile:
Ben - thanks for the response... but at the time being even that is a bit far away for me... my vehicle is kind of getting towards the end of its life, and I can't afford to push it.

John - I appreciate the response... perhaps if I can get the truck fixed up I will come up for a workout.

Rob
Old 10-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
Justin McCallon

Profile:
Re: Any Crossfitter's in Wilmington, NC?

Hey ... they are starting up a new CrossFit here in Wilmington. It'll be up by January. Also, I'm a member at Gold's on Racine. There's a few guys that do CrossFit up there.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:51 PM   #6
Matthew David

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Any Crossfitter's in Wilmington, NC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McCallon View Post
Hey ... they are starting up a new CrossFit here in Wilmington. It'll be up by January. Also, I'm a member at Gold's on Racine. There's a few guys that do CrossFit up there.

Hey guys-- I'm just getting into Crossfit-- I learned about it only last week, actually-- and I'd LOVE to know where this facility is/will be-- It would be great to get a real team up and running in the Port City!

Old 10-15-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
Matthew David

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Abbott View Post
Ron,

While not exactly in the area, there are a few of us up in the Jacksonville area that are Crossfitters. At the moment we don't have a set place to workout or time to meet (most of us are just coming off post-deployment leave). I am in the process of building up a home gym for us and as soon as a property in VA sells I should be able to purchase the rest of the equipment we need as well as build a building in my back yard to house the equipment. Anyways, I would be interested in finding out if there are anymore of us in the area as well.

Ben

It might be a death sentence to try and keep up with you guys, hehe, but I'm sure there are a lot of Marines living in and around Wilmington/Hampstead that we can combine to get a crew together-- I emailed the contact for the up-and-coming Wilmington CF center on their site , but haven't heard anything back yet.

It is going to be awesome to have a bunch of like-minded people getting into this-- but I'm the first to admit I have a LOT of pre-training to do before I can hit the WOD's-- I'm chomping at the bit!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #8
Rolando Ezequiel Martinez

Profile:

The site has been undergoing a lot of maintenance lately and some emails might have been lost. Please send future emails through PM on here.

As for location, I am looking at various lots in the Dutch Square area. (Amsterdam Way).
Old 10-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #9
Matthew David

Profile:

Thanks bro-- PM sent!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:19 PM   #10
Matthew David

Profile:

I see that the local website has been updated with some details-- for those interested...