CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 02-08-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
Mike Donnelly

Profile:
I've really been focusing on lifting technique the last few weeks. As such, my form on deadlifts, cleans, squats, and particularly overhead squats has improved greatly.

However, I am having a problem lowering weights back to the ground. I am fine dropping back to waist level, but when I try to reverse the deadlift move to go below my knees, I feel my back rounding. I know that its bad form and I've been feeling a little sore.

Just as a frame of reference, I've had people observe my lifting (upward) form and report that I keep the appropriate arch in my lower spine.

Any help appreciated
Old 02-09-2005, 06:36 AM   #2
chris muscarella

Profile:

Deadlifts are like the o-lifts: more or less a controlled drop. It is not a slow lift back to the ground. If you desire to perform the lift that way, use dumbbells or a hex bar.