CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:24 AM   #11
Mike Doehla

Profile:
Re: Is NASM worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bayer View Post
Thanks! I liked your page, Hopefully things kick off for you!
Thanks man. Got something lined up now. Stay tuned.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #12
David Bayer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Gerbrandt View Post
Watch these boards, if you are willing to move, there are always gyms looking to hire coaches.
Right now family is keeping me from moving. But I will keep an eye out for it just in case an opportunity presents itself. Family is first for me however
Old 10-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #13
Mike Doehla

Profile:

Quote:
Right now family is keeping me from moving. But I will keep an eye out for it just in case an opportunity presents itself. Family is first for me however
You're young man. Do what you love. I'm 31 and have been at this stuff for only about 2 years now and all I think about is how to make this my career. With that said you have to be smart about it though. Make smart decisions along the way. If you ever need any help let me know.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
Brian Strump

Profile:

IMO, if you only continue to learn from all things "CrossFit" you're missing out a huge opportunity to learn from many other very smart people.

Is it needed to coach at an affiliate? No. If you came to me with it, while looking to coach, it certainly wouldn't hurt. It would also open up other doors for you outside the CF community. Dude, you're 19! You've got a long way to go to figure out where you may end up.

My 2c, get it.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #15
David Bayer

Profile:

So I did finally get hired by my local Crossfit gym 4 weeks ago. Clients give nothing but positive reviews to the owners. I am also currently enrolled in NASM and I have to say I am learning something new everyday I open the text book. A lot I feel I can apply to Crossfit as well. Such as programming and proper biomechanics. And even though these are good I will continue to reach for bigger and better things. NASM now, then explore the world of weightlifting, and then gymnastics because those are two facets of fitness I am interested in. Thanks for the support, and I just thought I would give an update!
Old 12-06-2013, 07:48 AM   #16
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Congrats bud!! That's awesome.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #17
Mike Doehla

Profile:

Quote:
So I did finally get hired by my local Crossfit gym 4 weeks ago. Clients give nothing but positive reviews to the owners. I am also currently enrolled in NASM and I have to say I am learning something new everyday I open the text book. A lot I feel I can apply to Crossfit as well. Such as programming and proper biomechanics. And even though these are good I will continue to reach for bigger and better things. NASM now, then explore the world of weightlifting, and then gymnastics because those are two facets of fitness I am interested in. Thanks for the support, and I just thought I would give an update!
Good job man. Learning as much as you can at your age is a great thing.