CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
Paul Alvarez

Profile:
Location: Long Beach for school, Maui and San Jose are home  CA
I am having a problem losing weight. I eat 17 zone blocks sometimes with ~23 blocks of fat for energy. Its been about a month now doing it. I usually follow the CFJ rules but often wonder about if what im eating could be cleaner, i.e. cheese=1 block per ounce-I eat any cheese vs. lowfat cheese?(especially different types of meat-something I know nothing about)
I do about 5 days a week of CF as rx'd and havent been losing much BF if anything ive been gaining mass. I have "the zone" and ran through it but I follow the CFJ plans for a medium male(5'9" 200lbs) @ 17 blocks. Should I lower my blocks, lower carbs-cut out grains/oats/cereal? I have been improving on performance but am around 17% BF, I even healed up from some bad tendonitis.

Ive been thinking about having days where I fast and dont at until dinner-kind of like warrior diet but with a 5/5/8 zone block meal. My main goals right now are losing BF and still being able to have energy throughout the day rather than crashing and wanting a nap. Ive done some searching through the forum and found some info but im not nailing it on the head. Most are about gaining mass in the zone-something I dont need. if someone can offer advise or point me in the right direction on the forum that would be great. Thanks.