CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 10-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
Eldad Sharon

Profile:
Studying for the LSAT

I respect the opinion of the CF community quite a bit more than the avg. Yelper or Amazon poster, so I want some input on the LSAT. Has anyone here taken it? How did you prep? Ect...
Old 10-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Matt Holmer

Profile:
Re: Studying for the LSAT

If you are anywhere near a location that offers that Kaplan program, take the course! It's expensive (maybe $1200), but worth it. I think my score raised from the low 150s during the full length practice to a 163. This score alone was enough to get me into a pretty good law school despite having a poor GPA. It also qualified me for a scholarship, which more then paid for the course.

The best thing is, taking the course makes you practice. There are several meeting a week and then assignments between classes. The instructors are pretty good and really help you develop a strategy for taking the test and a ability to spot the tricks.

I'd highly recommend it.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Keith Miller

Profile:
Re: Studying for the LSAT

I personally recommend the Power Score prep, but Kaplan is pretty good too. Just do as many practice questions as you can and try to understand why you miss and why the right answer is right. That was where I struggled.

I just wish I would have put more effort into prepping for the exam. I still got through law school and passed the bar, so no harm done!!