CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-17-2005, 01:30 PM   #1
Alexander Karatis

Profile:
I'm trying to figure out new foods to eat for breakfast, something that I could blend then cook. (I like breakfast to be warm).

I tried bananas/eggs/walnuts but bananas are quite high GI-wise, and you never get to cook the mixture into a more solid form (it's always gooey and watery)...

I was wondering if you guys have anything interesting to blend and cook for breakfast!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:40 PM   #2
Alex McClung

Profile:
Omlettes
Old 10-17-2005, 02:16 PM   #3
Alexander Karatis

Profile:
Omelettes are great-I wonder how much "favourable" carbs I'd have to use though in order to achieve Zone ratios...
Old 10-17-2005, 04:09 PM   #4
Brendan Melville

Profile:
Every morning I have an omlet, an apple, and either some grapes or some whole grain bread or oatmeal.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:10 PM   #5
Chris Forbis

Profile:
Breakfast - omelet, broccoli, plums, strawberries, and grapes

Each and every morning.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:58 AM   #6
Troy Archie

Profile:
Do you subscribe to the Performance Menu? Check out issue #7, pages 7 & 8, the "Quick Berry Cereal" and "Fruit Fries".
Old 10-18-2005, 08:44 AM   #7
Michael Ledney

Profile:
2/3 a cup of steel cut oatmeal, half a can of mackerel or salmon, a little salt and pepper. 500 cals and a perfect 40/30/30 with mackerel, a little more fat with salmon. Add a little olive oil if you want a stand alone fat source.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:52 PM   #8
Rick Ihrie

Profile:
Hi Alexander:
If you like oatmeal and eggs you might try this -
Mix a couple of raw eggs in with your oatmeal - really whip them in, add just under the normal amount of H20 you'd use (because of the eggs) and a little pepper to taste.
Microwave for about 45 seconds, then I like to throw in some bacon crushed up and nuke it for another 15 sec. or so - just until it's creamy, but not wall paper paste consistency.
I don't know if the bacon is "OK", but it sure tastes good!
That really stays with me, and it's easy. I prepare a bunch of bacon and just keep it in a tupperware container to use as I need it.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:03 PM   #9
Bobbi Beglau Salvini

Profile:
On a weekend I soak hickory or mesquite wood in water over night, then light up the Bar-b-cue and under cook about $75 of beef cut about an inch think. If you get cheep cuts, that’s good, it is lower in fat; just use some meat tenderizer. Before you cook, heavily coat with Lawery’s season salt, and course fresh cracked black pepper. Add the chips to your hot coals and cook with the lid open. Chicken is great this way too especially if you close the lid and rotisserie. Don’t undercook poultry. Omit the pepper for poultry or fish. Then I cut, weigh and store in individual baggies or wax paper and freeze. In the morning I microwave on 4 for 45 sec. per oz. and enjoy! This is so good you will overlook the carcinogens and love mornings again. I eat my nuts and some fruit, and I am set. I especially like berries. Throw some salmon on the coals too, or use a Cameron stove top smoker with alder wood dust, using some lemon and dill weed for flavor. You can find the smoker on the internet. My son’s love all this any time, and this is easy to eat in the car if you’re running late or you need some fast food.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:47 PM   #10
Genevieve Gornicki

Profile:
What I like to do for breakfast is as follows
2 blocks oatmeal with cinnamon and 6 blocks almond butter or peanut butter (natural) mixed in. Then I have an omlett of 1 egg, 1 oz tofu xtra firm chopped up, .5 oz cheddar cheese and 1 oz tuna all mixed together
and finally i add 1 block of fruit, like grapes or a peach or 1/2 grapefruit. SO YUMMY!!!!!