CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-30-2005, 03:11 PM   #1
Charles Hansen

Profile:
I am wondering how many people go to their local farmer's market for fruits and produce. A lot of people are on a paleo diet so the farmer's market would actually be the best for seasonal eating. I signed a contract with one farmer so he basically gives me a box of food each week.

The only reason I wonder is because of our Ecological Footprint in the U.S. If anyone is wondering what their personal EC is, go to www.ecofoot.org. It is an extremely simple form. I guess I am just a crossfitting hippie from Eugene, Oregon....
Old 06-30-2005, 06:11 PM   #2
Kathryn Steen

Profile:
we are starting to get some farmer's markets like you are describing in our area. mostly though local people who have a vegetable patch put their surplus out by the side of the road in baskets with a price. then they leave a little tin or another basket there for you to leave your money. all honor system. picked up some HUGE zucchini and yellow squash today. nothinig real organized in the farmer's market arena without a 30 minute drive involved.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:30 PM   #3
Ted Williams

Profile:
I'm moving back to the coast in September, and just in time to enjoy the great farmer's market there...My wife and I moved about 2 years ago, and we lost our supply of super fresh salmon. There's a fisherman that sells salmon he caught just that week at the weekend farmer's market...great stuff, and when the salmon season is over, he started brining albacore tuna....and even made his own smoked fish. Its making me hungry just thinking about it. Oh, the produce is great too!