CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
Brad Allen Jones
Banned Brad Allen Jones is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Muskegon  MI
Posts: 4,706
NCAA Div 1 Wrestling Finals

Anyone following this?

Here are my predictions:

125: Delgado
133: Steiber
141: Steiber
149: Oliver
157: Welch
165: Taylor
174: Perry
184: Bennett
197: Wright
285: Nelson
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
Andrew Joseph
Member Andrew Joseph is offline
 
Andrew Joseph's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pittsburgh  PA
Posts: 73
Re: NCAA Div 1 Wrestling Finals

Wish I followed close enough to voice an opinion here . I do try to catch wrestling whenever it's on, but I rarely know when that is.

Speaking of which, when is this being broadcast?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Brad Allen Jones
Banned Brad Allen Jones is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Muskegon  MI
Posts: 4,706
Re: NCAA Div 1 Wrestling Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Joseph View Post
Wish I followed close enough to voice an opinion here . I do try to catch wrestling whenever it's on, but I rarely know when that is.

Speaking of which, when is this being broadcast?
Normally ESPN only airs the finals...but this year they will be airing every round on ESPN3/ESPN U.

Here's a schedule: http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...2013wrestling/ (WFS)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
Andrew Joseph
Member Andrew Joseph is offline
 
Andrew Joseph's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pittsburgh  PA
Posts: 73
Re: NCAA Div 1 Wrestling Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
Normally ESPN only airs the finals...but this year they will be airing every round on ESPN3/ESPN U.

Here's a schedule: http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...2013wrestling/ (WFS)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
Matthew Swartz
Member Matthew Swartz is offline
 
Matthew Swartz's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Centreville  VA
Posts: 1,204
Re: NCAA Div 1 Wrestling Finals

Haven't been following at all, but I'd want to see Oliver take 49. OSU REPRESENT!
__________________
"If your goal is to get stronger, stop counting and start eating, as you are wasting valuable time that could be put into food prep or the consuming of calories."
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
Brad Allen Jones
Banned Brad Allen Jones is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Muskegon  MI
Posts: 4,706
Re: NCAA Div 1 Wrestling Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Swartz View Post
Haven't been following at all, but I'd want to see Oliver take 49. OSU REPRESENT!
If he loses he probably goes down as the best one time champ maybe ever. I don't see anyone beating him though, or really even being close.

Perry is also from Okie St., nephew to John and Pat Smith, if you're familiar with them at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
Pearse Shields
Member Pearse Shields is offline
 
Pearse Shields's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palmerston  New Zealand
Posts: 1,798
Re: NCAA Div 1 Wrestling Finals

I wish I followed wrestling better.




Is Hulk Hogan still around? (I keed, I keed)
__________________
If it had parents, eat it till you're full My YouTube
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
Brad Allen Jones
Banned Brad Allen Jones is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Muskegon  MI
Posts: 4,706
Re: NCAA Div 1 Wrestling Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearse Shields View Post
I wish I followed wrestling better.




Is Hulk Hogan still around? (I keed, I keed)
Hehehehehe

American Wrestling probably wouldn't be your main concern anyway. I wish we would shift over to doing only Freestyle and Greco-Roman, we would be much more competitive internationally that way (not that we're terrible).

I think more of those WWE guys were college wrestlers than you probably think though. Kurt Angle won the Olympics, Brock Lesnar was a 2x National Champ.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:01 AM   #9
Pearse Shields
Member Pearse Shields is offline
 
Pearse Shields's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palmerston  New Zealand
Posts: 1,798
Re: NCAA Div 1 Wrestling Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
Hehehehehe

American Wrestling probably wouldn't be your main concern anyway. I wish we would shift over to doing only Freestyle and Greco-Roman, we would be much more competitive internationally that way (not that we're terrible).

I think more of those WWE guys were college wrestlers than you probably think though. Kurt Angle won the Olympics, Brock Lesnar was a 2x National Champ.
I know. And it seems like every fighter and their mum in MMA these days has a wrestling background. Lots of respect for wrestlers and the sport.
__________________
If it had parents, eat it till you're full My YouTube
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:24 AM   #10
Brad Allen Jones
Banned Brad Allen Jones is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Muskegon  MI
Posts: 4,706
Re: NCAA Div 1 Wrestling Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearse Shields View Post
I know. And it seems like every fighter and their mum in MMA these days has a wrestling background. Lots of respect for wrestlers and the sport.
All the good ones anyway
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crossfit for NCAA Basketball Players? Andrew J Johnston Starting 1 03-10-2012 12:36 AM
Any injuries during the Finals? Joe Johnstone Competitions 13 08-07-2011 09:27 AM
NCAA Football Workout Warriors Phil Oh Stuff and Nonsense 0 09-10-2008 02:40 PM
Question for our High School or NCAA coaches?? Skip Chase Community 9 10-14-2006 09:40 AM
NCAA Div. 1 Wrestling Championships Jason Lauer Competitions 1 03-15-2004 02:49 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.