CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-07-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
Michael Mantione

Profile:
Which Power Rack in 2 car garage

I have a 2 car garage and im looking to put something in so I can lift at home. There are wall mount options, full racks and half racks... I would like a sturdy option without bolting it down so i can move it to get 2 cars in and out but it looks like im going to have to bolt it into the wall or floor or both.

Ive been looking at wall rigs from MDUSA, Rogue, and Vulcan Strength Training systems.

I wish Rogues Econ series started at 4' instead of 10! Anyways, anyone have any thoughts on this, Either Power racks, or rigs?

My ceiling is about 10-12'
Old 12-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
Tim Trujillo

Profile:
Re: Which Power Rack in 2 car garage

The A frame looks cool, and would be useful for what I have. The Wall mount rig looks like A great option for any garage too. Plus, they are from my home state of Colorado. The prices don't look to bad either. Good luck with your gym and feel free to check out "My garage gym" post in here.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
Robert Fabsik

Profile:

You can call Rogue and see if they can cut down or back a E-10. I've heard they've made some of their poIwer racks lower for people with low ceilings.

I'm not sure if there will be an easy power rack to move in an out of the garage that isn't solid.

I wonder if a set of sturdy squat stands would fit your needs better? Get spotter arms and for chins hang a bar somewhere. I wonder if something like the rogue monster stands could be placed at the edge of your garage and when you train you just pull it out a little?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

I currently am using an R6 in my garage. I absolutely LOVE the R6. The wall mount rigs are pretty solid as well. My vote always goes for Rogue.
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Trujillo View Post
The A frame looks cool, and would be useful for what I have. The Wall mount rig looks like A great option for any garage too. Plus, they are from my home state of Colorado. The prices don't look to bad either. Good luck with your gym and feel free to check out "My garage gym" post in here.
http://2717equipment.com wfs
Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
Matt Thomas

Profile:

I think for ease of movement and space considerations your best bet is going to be one of the S series squat stands for something similar. I know you can use them without bolting them down. I'm not sure that you can use spotter arms without it being bolted down, but if you have bumper plates that really isn't an issue for anything other than bench press. For extra stability you could always get the plate storage arms and buy some steel plates to weigh it down.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Trujillo View Post
That looks pretty sweet, thanks for sharing!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #8
Matt Davies

Profile:

+1 for the R6, with a bunch of plates on the plate holders, you don't need to bolt it down but I bolted mine down for when things get extra rowdy.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
Steven Nedorolik

Profile:

Pretty sure Rogue will sell you a 4 ft wide Econ wall mount, there was some metion of it on Facebook.

Also, they should be releasing an Econ version of the R-3 power rack soon.