CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
Drew Kite

Profile:
Again Faster warranty

Does anyone have experience with Again Faster and their warranty/satisfaction guarantee? I have a quote from them and I'm ready to make the purchase, but when I've asked about the warranty on items, they just reply that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Seems kind of vague to me. I don't expect more than what every other company offers(a year on most items). Just curious if anyone here might have had some experience with them and their warranty in the past.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Grant Nichols

Profile:
Re: Again Faster warranty

We purchased 4 bars from them this summer, great folks to deal with. The bearings in one failed 4-6 weeks after we got it and they replaced it no questions asked, even told us to keep the broken bar. We would not hesitate to order from them again. Let us know if we can help you out, we're right down the road from you.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
Bryan Kemper

Profile:

Jon and his crew are a legit, caring group of Crossfitters that want to provide the best product available and they do. Between AF and Rogue, you can't go wrong.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
Brian Strump

Profile:

I would also look at Muscle Driver USA for equipment needs.
http://www.muscledriverusa.com/ WFS

I can't speak for others since I have never purchased from AF, but a "happiness" or "satisfaction" guarantee would not suffice for me for large purchases. A jump rope, sure.
However, speaking in terms of making long term investments on equipment, I would rather pay more for either a lifetime guarantee, or some fixed time(1-3yrs+) for my purchases.

I'm sure they are a great company, just my 2c.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
Drew Kite

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Strump View Post
I would also look at Muscle Driver USA for equipment needs.
http://www.muscledriverusa.com/ WFS

I can't speak for others since I have never purchased from AF, but a "happiness" or "satisfaction" guarantee would not suffice for me for large purchases. A jump rope, sure.
However, speaking in terms of making long term investments on equipment, I would rather pay more for either a lifetime guarantee, or some fixed time(1-3yrs+) for my purchases.

I'm sure they are a great company, just my 2c.
That's kind of my thought too. I've ordered from MD and Rogue before, and will again. Quality stuff and good service. They spell out their warranty on each items so there's no question asked. I'm sure AF sells quality gear too but I'm curious what their response is when a bar bends after 14 or so months. Or the collar on a 10 lb plate blows out after 6 months. With Rogue and MD, I know. AF...I wonder.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
Brian Strump

Profile:

IMO, peace of mind on those kinds of concerns is more important than a few dollars, or $100.

Again, never heard any complaints about any of AF stuff, or their practices, and Jon certainly offers a great deal to the CF community. I would suppose he would do right the best he can by the community.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Drew,

Great question, and no one better to answer it than me.

Simply, we stand behind our gear 100%. Always. Call us, and we make it right.

The words "satisfaction" and "happiness" mean just that to me: if we ever encounter a problem, we'll solve it to your satisfaction, and you'll leave happy. I've run Again Faster on that basis since 2006, and will continue to do so until my last breath.

Here's why:

I don't want you to be a customer just once, as I've no interest in a single-transaction relationship. Every time you need gear, your clients need gear, your neighbors need gear, I want you to think of us. We provide tools to change lives, and if those tool break, your ability to make a difference is hamstrung.

To me, that's unacceptable.

Further, I design equipment to last, and I build it to specification. If you manage to break it, you've done me a great service, pointing out a fault in our design. The least I can do is compensate you by replacing, repairing, or refunding the broken item.

I wrote our guarantee. Lawyers had nothing to do with it. I wrote it to give me and you maximum flexibility in dealing with problems in a collaborative environment.

You can think "lifetime". I certainly do. At the same time, I shied away from that language because it is extraordinarily abused in the equipment industry. Read the fine print, and you'll see that many companies that offer this are insuring the gear for ITS lifetime, not YOURS. What a crock.

Brother, we're standing here on the purest moral stance on the planet. You have my word.

Best,

Jon Gilson
Owner, Again Faster
Old 12-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
Drew Kite

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Gilson View Post
Drew,

Great question, and no one better to answer it than me.

Simply, we stand behind our gear 100%. Always. Call us, and we make it right.

The words "satisfaction" and "happiness" mean just that to me: if we ever encounter a problem, we'll solve it to your satisfaction, and you'll leave happy. I've run Again Faster on that basis since 2006, and will continue to do so until my last breath.

Here's why:

I don't want you to be a customer just once, as I've no interest in a single-transaction relationship. Every time you need gear, your clients need gear, your neighbors need gear, I want you to think of us. We provide tools to change lives, and if those tool break, your ability to make a difference is hamstrung.

To me, that's unacceptable.

Further, I design equipment to last, and I build it to specification. If you manage to break it, you've done me a great service, pointing out a fault in our design. The least I can do is compensate you by replacing, repairing, or refunding the broken item.

I wrote our guarantee. Lawyers had nothing to do with it. I wrote it to give me and you maximum flexibility in dealing with problems in a collaborative environment.

You can think "lifetime". I certainly do. At the same time, I shied away from that language because it is extraordinarily abused in the equipment industry. Read the fine print, and you'll see that many companies that offer this are insuring the gear for ITS lifetime, not YOURS. What a crock.

Brother, we're standing here on the purest moral stance on the planet. You have my word.

Best,

Jon Gilson
Owner, Again Faster
Thanks, Jon. Everyone has said you're a stand up guy and will do the right thing. Great to get an answer directly from you though. I've been in contact with Beth, and am working on placing my first order with you guys right now.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #9
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Drew,

Awesome to hear, Brother. Beth is a solid person and fellow CrossFitter; she'll take good care of you.

Give me a shout if you ever need anything: jon@againfaster.com.

Best,

Jon
Old 12-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #10
Jay Rhodes

Profile:

Proud to be working with Chris as a part of Again Faster Canada and what you've built, Jon.

And to the OP- when we ordered everything from Again Faster to open our affiliate (Outlaw CrossFit North) back in Aug/Sept of this year we had a couple 15# plates that came from a bad batch of rubber and split within a couple weeks.
Again Faster replaced them no questions asked. They just wanted the batch number and to have them go for testing to determine what went wrong.

I am also privy to the e-mails etc. with Again Faster Canada, and we employ the same guarantee. I haven't seen to many issues at all. When there has been one, great care is taken to ensure the customer walks away happy, as Jon has stated above.