CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-28-2004, 10:46 PM   #1
Jason Lauer

Profile:
Is fish oil supplementation compatible with the warrior diet? Obviously you could supplement all the capsules in the main meal, however to ensure proper absortion and to create a steady flow it would definitely be better to break up the whole in to separate doses as most people do.

Ori recommends that you take in little to no fat during the undereating phase? So I guess I'm asking which is better to compromise, the Warrior Diet principles and or fish oil supplementation? Would it be very detrimental to the Warrior Diet?
Thanks, Jason
Old 01-29-2004, 07:31 AM   #2
bill fox

Profile:

Jason

Here's my interpretation of recent conversations with Ori (if I can I'll ask him this Saturday -I think it applies to a lot of supps)

The warrior diet is more then just an eating schedule. The minimal eating during the day forces/allows the body to function in a different way then a standard diet. Like everything else on the diet - cycle.

Try to have some days where you are really tight during the day - take a little less that day. Take a dose with your salad and one with the main meal.If you are going to have some protien on a given day, have some oil with it, but not every day.

You want to take your body out of what Ellis calls "Ad libitum" eating - where food is always available. That's where the changes kick in. This, I think, applies to fish oil like everything else.

Bill
www.movingcenterfitness.com