CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-10-2011, 02:58 PM   #21
Joshua Gritton

Profile:
Re: Can't Lose Belly Fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halm View Post
Nah, you need to go harder and shorter.
Your right, what I am lacking there is intensity. I gotta think of a way to fix this!
Old 04-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #22
Michael Dowling

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Allen Pagel View Post
Blasphemy
hey i never said i care about rippling abs...
Old 04-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #23
Brett Cassel

Profile:

So, if I understand all of this correctly, I should start lifting heavier and start eating a ton of protein. If I curb my drinking somewhat, can I expect to notice more fat loss around my stomach?
Old 04-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #24
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Cassel View Post
So, if I understand all of this correctly, I should start lifting heavier and start eating a ton of protein. If I curb my drinking somewhat, can I expect to notice more fat loss around my stomach?
If you really care about having visible abs, then cut your drinking completely for 30 days.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #25
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

This is why they call it a "beer belly." Sorry.

Protein powder is a *supplement.* You eat it *in addition to* real food, not instead of it.

Katherine
Old 04-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #26
Brett Cassel

Profile:

I'm thinking about adding creatine into my regimen as well. Should that help me? Any thoughts?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #27
Dan Schaal

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine Derbyshire View Post
This is why they call it a "beer belly." Sorry.
I am in the same boat as Brett. Last time I had my BF done (@ X-fit Crossfit), I was 195 w/ 12.4 BF. Hoping to get down to below 190 and below 10% BF. BTW, I am 38 and 5'9". I may sound heavy, but it is all in my broad shoulders. I am doing Xfit 4-6 days a week.

My diet is really good (I believe) - breakfast is about 5-10 macademians, 6 oz of raspberries or 16 oz of strawberries & 5-7 pieces of Jerky (though I am not consistent w/ grass feed jerky).

Lunch is spinach salad w/ chicken breast, blueberries or grapes, sunflower seeds and homemade oil-based dressing.

Snacks are usually a piece of fruit or two and I have been trying to incorporate paleo kits (have to buy some more).

Dinner fluctuates, as I have two kids, but it is getting better.

My problem is beer and wine. I need to buck up and cut them both out -- starting tonight!!

Only problem is the Stanley Cup Playoffs begin on Wednesday! That and my marriage is on the rocks (that sometimes happens when your wife cheats on you and you have a 2 and 5 year old - I can only laugh at it now as I spent about a month crying)!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #28
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Cassel View Post
I'm thinking about adding creatine into my regimen as well. Should that help me? Any thoughts?
It won't hurt, but it's not going to make up for a lack of heavy lifting (or real protein) or those 15 beers per weekend.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #29
Jason Halm

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Schaal View Post
I am in the same boat as Brett. Last time I had my BF done (@ X-fit Crossfit), I was 195 w/ 12.4 BF. Hoping to get down to below 190 and below 10% BF. BTW, I am 38 and 5'9". I may sound heavy, but it is all in my broad shoulders. I am doing Xfit 4-6 days a week.

My diet is really good (I believe) - breakfast is about 5-10 macademians, 6 oz of raspberries or 16 oz of strawberries & 5-7 pieces of Jerky (though I am not consistent w/ grass feed jerky).

Lunch is spinach salad w/ chicken breast, blueberries or grapes, sunflower seeds and homemade oil-based dressing.

Snacks are usually a piece of fruit or two and I have been trying to incorporate paleo kits (have to buy some more).

Dinner fluctuates, as I have two kids, but it is getting better.

My problem is beer and wine. I need to buck up and cut them both out -- starting tonight!!

Only problem is the Stanley Cup Playoffs begin on Wednesday! That and my marriage is on the rocks (that sometimes happens when your wife cheats on you and you have a 2 and 5 year old - I can only laugh at it now as I spent about a month crying)!
You're sometimes eating up to a pound of strawberries at breakfast. That's a problem. You're not eating enough meat and not enough fat.

I hope your marriage works out, but this isn't about her or them. It's you doing something for yourself. Take charge of it.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #30
Jakub Kruhlik

Profile:

^cut the beer and wine out and soon enough you'll have a hottie to help u forget about her.