CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #161
Christopher Morris

Profile:
Re: My Garage Gym Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R Morris View Post
On finding a space for legitimate height rope climb:
This demo WOD shows a 90 degree A-frame that supports rings and a rope climb. You could put something like it outside along the side of the house, if you've got two stories, or attach it (secured really well to studs or joists) to the eaves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFP0iYyG2oI (wfs)

Here is a home gym that had attic space above the garage and framed in a vertical space to add 15' to his garage in one corner:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ-6tHpR4GQ (wfs)
Matt,
I found this on the boards too:
http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=80466 (wfs) A simple DIY solution.

That is a pretty cool DIY climbing rig for pull-ups, ring work, 15' rope, and a separate rig for dips and multi-grip pull-ups.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #162
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R Morris View Post
Matt,
I found this on the boards too:
http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=80466 (wfs) A simple DIY solution.

That is a pretty cool DIY climbing rig for pull-ups, ring work, 15' rope, and a separate rig for dips and multi-grip pull-ups.
Now that is COOL!
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 06-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #163
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

It has been a while since I got anything worth posting. A few new Rogue boxes on my porch yesterday with assorted goodies. Will post more pics soon.

Have not been able to use the gym too much in the last little while due to some significant injuries/health stuff sidelining me . Looking forward to making use of the new gear.

New Addition:
Rogue Stubby Axle
Several mobility products to help with the problems
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #164
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

A few new pics. My plan in the future is to find a new house and build a backyard gym that will work in 3 seasons (Something like a 15 foot Upright Castro Rig). The other season (Winter) would be strictly devoted to the Olympic Weightlifting gym I am a member of and an Affiliate (never been to one aside from courses). I am getting a fair amount of negativity from the neighbourhood with the gym in the garage being "too loud". It is about time to move.
(WFS)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roguegym1.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	12480  Click image for larger version

Name:	rogue2.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	12481  Click image for larger version

Name:	Rogue3.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	12482  
Old 06-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #165
Mike Gin

Profile:

You're getting complaints from the noise? Do you crank the music? Do you train with your garage open? Push/pull metal sleds up and down the street?

I train late at night in my garage but because my daughter's room is right above the garage I've learned to be quieter - like dropping weights only when absolutely necessary and keeping the music low. Can be challenging but it is what it is...

That is a nice setup you've got there - I plan on building a standalone garage/gym when I move in a few years.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #166
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gin View Post
You're getting complaints from the noise? Do you crank the music? Do you train with your garage open? Push/pull metal sleds up and down the street?

I train late at night in my garage but because my daughter's room is right above the garage I've learned to be quieter - like dropping weights only when absolutely necessary and keeping the music low. Can be challenging but it is what it is...

That is a nice setup you've got there - I plan on building a standalone garage/gym when I move in a few years.
People at the end of the street claim that the dropping weights shakes their walls/cupboards (Not a chance). I have the music on relatively low out of respect and try to only drop weights from over head that are 250# or more. I can re-rack everything else usually unless completely gassed. I have stopped using my sled on the road and flipping the tire. My workouts are also done between 11AM-4:00 PM and rarely happen after that time period.

I think the main issue is that people that do not live in my house use the gym for free and don't respect the requests that I make when I am not home. I believe the complaints have gotten worse due to a friend that does not care about being respectful and has essentially caused problems which have reflected on me.

I have given my warnings to said friend and have not heard any complaints in the last little bit. I would prefer to move to a place that is more private that does not require me to walk on egg shells.

Thanks for the compliment!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #167
Jeremy R Gilman

Profile:

Video tour of the gym pls!
Old 06-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #168
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

The plan is to get a video up in the near future. It has been on my "to do" list for a while.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #169
Adrian Garcia

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Vesey View Post
A few new pics. My plan in the future is to find a new house and build a backyard gym that will work in 3 seasons (Something like a 15 foot Upright Castro Rig). The other season (Winter) would be strictly devoted to the Olympic Weightlifting gym I am a member of and an Affiliate (never been to one aside from courses). I am getting a fair amount of negativity from the neighbourhood with the gym in the garage being "too loud". It is about time to move.
(WFS)
Wow, you've got a nice set up!