CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 12-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #11
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:
Re: Lesnar ,out, Mir vs Carwin in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ferguson View Post
Calling out Mir as a loud-mouthed jock compared to Lesnar?

Something about a pot and kettle comes to mind.
Unlike everyone here I don't have this weird hate for Lesnar.He doesn't bother me because I find his antics funny. He's not like that cocky high school jock, he's just louder and more overt about it. He's just really loud and obnoxious about it. I'm used to that from years of watching the NFL, NBA and WWE.

What bugs me is how conceited and cocky Mir is about it. Just something about him when he talks makes me want to see what Lesnar did to him happen in every fight. He's so full of his own BS. Even after Lesnar pounded him into oblivion he continues to talk trash like he's the greatest HW to ever grace the octagon and that whole Lesnar beating must've been a fluke because there's no way someone as great as Frank Mir could lose.
And he really rubbed me the wrong way when he coached on the ultimate fighter too.

Lesnar reminds me of every NFL football player that scores a TD. Mir reminds me of that cocky jock that thought he was better than everyone in HS.

At least I can laugh at Lesnar's antics since they just remind me of someone cutting a pro wrestling promo to sell tickets. I find nothing funny about Mir when he opens his mouth. I just want to see someone smash him when he talks.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #12
Chance Adams

Profile:

I can see why Mir acts that way. He's been in the sport for a loooong time. Suffered some serious injuries, and now come back full circle all while realizing his potential. I don't have anything against Lesnar but I can definitely see why Mir has a bitter taste in his mouth.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #13
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

I'd have a bitter taste too if some guy made me his b*tch and then mocked me afterwards too. But he seems to be like that with everything.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:36 AM   #14
Chance Adams

Profile:

IF Lesnar comes back and we see the trilogy. Mir WILL NOT get manhandled the way he did in the second fight. He won't be giving up 40 lbs, he'll be stronger, faster, and more explosive. Even more so than he was against Kongo, even though his performance was short and pretty much one dimensional. Lesnar has ZERO head movement, sub-par striking, and no submissions. Sure he has some power, but he won't be fighting the same Mir or a washed-up version of Couture, who also exposed a few of Brock's weaknesses.

It will be a classic example of experience and technique coming into play. Period.