CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 11-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #11
Richard Guerard

Profile:
Re: SealFit??

Yeah man, ive known myth since his bbing days on musculardevelopment...

Firebreather on almost every exercise. He introduced me to crossfit and then sealfit. Really nice website and solid programming. Ive had excellent results and improvements after 3 months.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
Shane Skowron

Profile:

I've been following Myth's blog. That guy can give anyone at the CF Games a run for their money. I'm sure he can attribute some if not most of his success due to SEALFit.

At first I was pretty skeptical of SEALFit but I'm starting to incorporate these principles into my programming. I think if you're able to handle that much volume, it'll do wonders for your overall GPP. It's just that not everyone can do that much volume without building up to it.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #13
Richard Lee Sattro

Profile:

I checked it out. It looks like a TON of volume. I take your calorie requirements will go up a little. Isnt this the same amount of volume that the games competitors use. So here is a question. Which is better Military Athlete, or Seal fit? What is the difference is there is a big one. Seal fit is more endurance based right?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #14
Sean J Hunter

Profile:

Sealfit guys actually went to MA.com Programing seminar and have made the changes.

Sealfit is SeAL focused and I beleive they have the contract for Seal Challenge Mentoring Program so arguably their program is more focused on BUD/S. Although I am not a combat veteran I am pretty sure I can say that Selections ain't combat and combat aint Selection.

So in saying that, even with the changes that SealFit has made I still think it is Selection focus, i.e. Volume focused and I'd argue isn't sustainable.

MA.com is combat focused, and I would venture to say that MA.com is taking larger steps towards refining it's program towards combat prepardness where as SealFit has pretty much arrived and what it want's to achieve - Preparing guys for BUD/S.

I havn't seen all the new changes, so I can't comment directly, but their goals are different. Are you going to BUD/S or going to combat, that's the question I asked myself.

Sean
Old 11-20-2009, 12:45 AM   #15
Al George

Profile:

I've been doing MA for awhile and Sean I did notice that Sealfit became much more structured than it was when it was on navyseals.com (WFS). Then it seemed like longer crossfit WODS + running and swimming.

I'd venture to say that BUD/s pushes a person's endurance way up and pushes a person to their actual physical limit. So I'd say that for anybody whose been there the volume isn't a problem; they know precisely where the limit is for overtraining. Although any program that considers 10k a recovery day......

but that's just my take on it.

And I just checked this Myth person's blog. 55 rounds of Cindy in 30 min!?! Holy crap. That's something like 35-40 rounds in 20 minutes. That isn't human.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:56 AM   #16
Michael Ingley

Profile:

yea and hes not a small speal either
Old 11-20-2009, 04:23 AM   #17
Daniel Sonsini

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan A Wood View Post
Yeah I have been doing it on and off the past couple months and the past two weeks I have stuck to there schedule with scaling. I have a alot of results in strength, mentally, and endurance.

Why do you ask?
I was just wondering about it. I've done a few of their WODS. Great workouts. Just wondering if overtraining is a big factor?
Old 11-20-2009, 04:25 AM   #18
Daniel Sonsini

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lee Sattro View Post
I checked it out. It looks like a TON of volume. I take your calorie requirements will go up a little. Isnt this the same amount of volume that the games competitors use. So here is a question. Which is better Military Athlete, or Seal fit? What is the difference is there is a big one. Seal fit is more endurance based right?

It incorporates everything. Not just endurance. It hits strength, met-con, stamina, flexibility. great for mental toughness as well!
Old 11-20-2009, 04:27 AM   #19
Daniel Sonsini

Profile:

I zone/paleo. Do you think I would have to up my block count sticking to this program.

Any links on where I can see Myth do some WODS?
Old 11-20-2009, 04:28 AM   #20
Daniel Sonsini

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean J Hunter View Post
Sealfit guys actually went to MA.com Programing seminar and have made the changes.

Sealfit is SeAL focused and I beleive they have the contract for Seal Challenge Mentoring Program so arguably their program is more focused on BUD/S. Although I am not a combat veteran I am pretty sure I can say that Selections ain't combat and combat aint Selection.

So in saying that, even with the changes that SealFit has made I still think it is Selection focus, i.e. Volume focused and I'd argue isn't sustainable.

MA.com is combat focused, and I would venture to say that MA.com is taking larger steps towards refining it's program towards combat prepardness where as SealFit has pretty much arrived and what it want's to achieve - Preparing guys for BUD/S.

I havn't seen all the new changes, so I can't comment directly, but their goals are different. Are you going to BUD/S or going to combat, that's the question I asked myself.

Sean
Hi Sean.
That's interesting. What does BUD/S stand for?