CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-15-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
Lindsay Grant

Profile:
Lindsay's Workout Log

Hey Everyone

I started Crossfit 5 weeks ago. I also started incorporating Paleo into my eating habits about 3 weeks ago. I am going to be honest. It is a daily struggle. I do well during the week, but the weekends seem to be my weakest point. I have seen results as far as getting stronger in my workouts and I have felt great but I haven't really lost pounds. I am hoping that posting my workout and food journals on here will help me because people can make comments on what I might try differently. I am 5'6 and my weight fluctuates between 148-151 usually. Ideally, I would love to be at 125. I will take any feedback, good or bad. I am still learning to not focus on calories but I am also struggling with what is too much fat. Some people say 40% some say 60% of the diet.

So, starting today, I will post my workout and my food log from myfitnesspal.com. Please feel free to comment as I am interested in any feedback that will allow me to reach my goal. Also, I feel as if Crossfit is enough but if someone suggests something else along with it then I am all ears.

So, my food for the day should look like this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/lindsay0311
Note: There is nothing but meat and eggs on todays diet because I heard a carnivore day is a great way to jumpstart. I know I have been at this off and on a few weeks but I really want a great jumpstart to keep me motivated because I have been feeling like this isn't working but seeing that it works with other people is the reason I am sticking to it.

My WOD for the day will be:
Tabata Couplets
Pushups/ Box Jumps
Pullups/Swings
Situps/ Squats
Each couplet will be performed 8 times (i.e. 8 sets of Pushups rotated with 8 sets of Box Jumps)
A round is 20 seconds. There is NO BREAK TIME. Move between the two exercises until they have both been completed 8 times. Then, 1 minute rest, and on to the next couplet! Your score is calculated by taking your LOWEST score from each of the 8 rounds of each exercise.

I will post tonight to let everyone know if anything changed and I will try to remember to write down my times for the workouts.

Wish me luck and thanks for caring!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
Lindsay Grant

Profile:
Re: Lindsay's Workout Log

Hey

So far I am on track. I am trying to wait until 3 to eat my turkey pepperoni so it is closer to when I go to Crossfit. I go a 5:30 class. I must say, I definitely feel tired. With today's meal, I won't be eating more than 10g of carbs. I am hoping that the fat intake will help me get through my workout without taking away from performance. Tonights workout should be rough but I am excited for it. I will post tonight afterwards to let everyone know how it goes.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
Lindsay Grant

Profile:

Okay...I am about to make my chili and lime chicken burgers from Trader Joes. I just got home from Crossfit and feel great. I got a 64 for my average score which is an improvement for me. My worst are the pull-ups. I am definitely tired tonight since I have had hardly any carbs but that means I will hopefully sleep well!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:34 AM   #4
Lindsay Grant

Profile:

Good Morning!

This morning I felt pretty good when I woke up. I am a little sore from yesterday's workout but I am looking forward to todays. Today at Crossfit, our WOD is:
As Many Rounds in 20 Minutes:
10 Manmakers (30#/20#)
20 Split Jumps
200m Run

I am not sure exactly what my eating will be like today...I had 3 eggs cooked in coconut oil with 2 turkey sausage patties for breakfast, like yesterday. I am eating out with co-workers for someone's birthday today at a Thai place. I looked at the menu and I am going to order the chicken stirfry with sauce on the side and then I am not sure about dinner yet...I will either make a chicken breast or go to Jimmie John's and get an unwich. We shall see! I will post tonight after my workout to let everyone know how I did as far as eating AND working out!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
Lindsay Grant

Profile:

Tonights workout was pretty tough for me. I completed 4 rounds which was my goal. I started into the 5th round but ran out of time. My diet today was decent. I ended up eating chicken and stir fry veggies from a thai place. There was some sauce on it but not a lot. I didn't eat the rice,soup, or noodles. In the afternoon I snacked on turkey pepperoni slices and some buffalo jerky. I think it helped give me energy for my workout. Tonight for dinner I had 2 italian chicken sausages and a tall glass of water. I have family coming into town tonight so I will be taking tomorrow off from Crossfit and I always take Sunday off so I really need to try and focus on my diet this weekend. It will be a test for me since weekends are my worst anyways, but with family coming into town, there will be dinners out as well. I am going to try not to drink this weekend too. We will see how it goes....
Old 10-19-2009, 07:11 AM   #6
Lindsay Grant

Profile:

Back to the beginning of the week. I didn't do that well over the weekend. Family was in town and I let the alcohol get the best of me. I am starting fresh today and am excited to get back into my workouts after taking 2 days off. My diet today will consist of: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/lindsay0311. I need to figure out something to go with dinner but I am trying to do as little carbs as possible since I had a bad weekend. My WOD for today is: Chelsea”
5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats
Every minute on the minute for 30 minutes

It should be tough but I am really excited for it!