CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #21
Craig Massey

Profile:
Re: Recommended barbell in Australia

Something else I should have mentioned;
The Garage Gym Store are setting up warehousing in Australia, so you can order from their site, but have it delivered locally. How the pricing works, when it will be available, I don't know, sorry.

Based on info found here (link is wfs):
http://www.theg2scart.com/aboutus.asp
Old 02-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #22
Steven Crawford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Lamplough View Post
Steve,

Thanks for the links. I thought I'd found all the places that sold bars/bumpers in Oz but hadn't seen www.fitness-shop.com.au (wfs). I've already got my bumpers but would love to hear what you think of the bar.

Hartsport started stocking them after I'd already bought mine.

Another place selling Taishan is http://www.universalselfdefence.com....ning_set/452/1 (wfs) whose prices seem OK. Haven't tried them myself.

Regards,
Jeremy
haha, likewise, I thought I'd found all the places in Australia that sold bars & bumpers, but I hadn't found www.universalselfdefence.com.au (wfs) yet!!

It looks like the exact same set, so depending on delivery, you may have just saved me $40 (the cheque's in the mail )

Thanks heaps for the extra info, I'll be sure to write up a bit of a review once I get everything.

-Steve

Last edited by Steven Crawford : 02-10-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: fix link
Old 02-10-2009, 04:20 PM   #23
Carter Jee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Massey View Post
The Garage Gym Store are setting up warehousing in Australia, so you can order from their site, but have it delivered locally. How the pricing works, when it will be available, I don't know, sorry.

there is only one thing to do here...

this is becoming the best thread for Oz suppliers of gear...

Last edited by Carter Jee : 02-10-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:33 AM   #24
Jeremy Lamplough

Profile:

Quote:

That could be excellent, especially if prices are competitive. There just seems to be a handful of products that are very difficult to find down here. Part of the trouble is that even big suppliers such as York don't sell their full range here.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:40 AM   #25
Jeremy Lamplough

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Crawford View Post
haha, likewise, I thought I'd found all the places in Australia that sold bars & bumpers, but I hadn't found www.universalselfdefence.com.au (wfs) yet!!

It looks like the exact same set, so depending on delivery, you may have just saved me $40 (the cheque's in the mail )

Thanks heaps for the extra info, I'll be sure to write up a bit of a review once I get everything.

-Steve
I guess it depends on what words you stick into google.

Neither seems to sell the bar on its own which is what I'm still interested in. But would like to hear what your set turns out like.

Cheers,
Jeremy
Old 02-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #26
Steven Crawford

Profile:

Quote:

That got me all excited, so I emailed them to try to get more details, unfortunately it doesn't look like it's happening in the immediate future

Quote:
Sorry as of right now there are no specified dates . I would recommend check the site here and there for any updates . Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions .
I suppose we just have keep waiting...
Old 02-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #27
Craig Massey

Profile:

Sorry.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #28
Carter Jee

Profile:

bummer... not really your fault craig, more garage gym... coz that's what they say on their webpage...

we still have a pretty decent collection of websites and resources here now...

carter
Old 02-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #29
Steven Crawford

Profile:

Yeah, not your fault at all Craig.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. I got another email from Garage Gym Store today, not sure if it was in direct response to my earlier question, or if they sent this out to some mailing list that I'm on somehow, in which case some of you probably got it too.

Quote:
The Garage Gym Store is currently starting its International Co-op Program. In this new program, The Garage Gym Store will provide CrossFit
affiliates who may not have the availability of high quality-low priced equipment in your area. Our mission is to a create centralized locations
were affiliates can have group purchases/orders, this will allow for superior pricing and low shipping costs. The Garage Gym Store will provide
you with wholesale prices contingent on a minimum order of 7,000lbs or 5,000lbs (Which is not much!), the upside is that we will provide 30%-35% of additional equipment based on the poundage at no cost to you, until sold. This will allow you to equip your own gym at a low cost and sell equipment at retail prices, not only to CrossFit Affiliate gyms in your area but home garage gyms and individual CrossFitters throughout the country. This program has a proven success in Sweden and the U.K. We are committed to helping you through this process with exceptional customer service, we are well inept with dealing with international custom duties, distribution and packaging. The Garage Gym Store is very
particular on who we attempt to do business with, we hope you can appreciate the opportunity of servicing your CrossFit Brothers and Sisters. free to contact at me. Thank you!

**If you think this might be too big of an order we will help you connect with other affiliates in your area to do a group purchase. Let me know the items and quantity and the address you provided on your previous email is your full shipping address? **
So it loooks like they're not actually starting an Australian warehouse/store as such, more just looking to use local CF affiliates as a middle man. Not a bad idea, hopefully it keeps the prices nice and cheap. I imagine there is something in it for affiliates, even if it's just the potential business of the people who are interested in buying CF equipment through them.

If you have contact with an affiliate I suggest you let them know about this program.

Good luck with all the gear everybody,
-Steve
Old 02-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #30
Carter Jee

Profile:

aaaha... that definitely clarifies the situation...

i wonder whether CFX over in sydney would be interested in doing this... they currently do abmats, elite rings and kettlebells...

anyone got contact with the guys there?

carter