CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 09-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Celio Silva

Profile:
Shame On The Ufc!!!

Yesterday's decision was absolutely disgusting!! The UFC have displayed dishonesty plenty of times before, but last night it reached a new level, which is VERY unfortunate for MMA.

White often speaks of the corruption in boxing and how it ruined the sport, so WTF is he doing?!?!?! There is NO need to protect fighters in MMA. The sport's talent pool is huge & evergrowing, so there will always be plenty of exciting fighters who sell tickets & ppv. That's it.....that's the formula.....exciting fights!!! THAT'S IT!!!!!! That's what sells, not homeboys in the card.

In fact, protecting a "homeboy" fighter when he got clearly OWNED turns people away from the sport, even those from the same homeland as the "homeboy" in question, as clearly demonstrated by the british massive booing after the decision was announced and immediately turning on Bisping when he had the nerve to run his mouth during his post-fight interview. That was the most pathetic moment in the sport's history.

Most-Overrated-Fighter Michael Bisping got exposed last night BIG TIME. He had NOTHING on Hamill, and had Hamill not gassed, Bisping would have taken a even worse beating and, very likely, been finished. But no, the UFC couldn't let their poster boy for the England massive ruin his "perfect record" in his hometown, despite how much he got TOOLED!!.....

Old 09-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
Nick Hobby

Profile:
Re: Shame On The Ufc!!!

I agree. I was shocked at the decision. After seeing the way that Bisping strutted in like he had already won the fight I was hoping that Hamill would take it to him and he did. He owned the first and second rounds completely and did some good things in the third. My feelings about Dana White and the UFC have really changed because of this fight. It is wrong to deny someone a win that they truly and without a doubt earned.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
John Seiler

Profile:

Agreed. My jaw literally dropped and stayed there for a minute. It truly makes it hard to continue to get amped for the fights when you don't have faith in the judges or the organization. This smacks of a fix at worst, gross imcompetence at best. I'll really have to re-examine my willingness to shell out $50 for the pay-per-view events. It bears noting that I had no allegiance to either fighter; my comments are not sour grapes.

Bisping showed his true colors. He is a punk of the highest order, and just lost half his fan base. Hamill mustered more class and restraint than I would have in that situation. Props to him.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
John Seiler

Profile:

The latest numbers on the MMA.tv Underground forum poll thread:

Hamill 350, Bisping 15, Draw 3

wfs (for an MMA site): http://mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?TID=1125186&b=0
Old 09-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #5
Sam Cannons

Profile:

Yes very dissapointing !! Especially when Bisping talked it up at the end. I am suprised Rogan didnt make a comment about it.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
Samuel Redwine

Profile:

I've got to agree, Hamill won that fight. He may have done better when he was on the ground than expected, but he did so much worse standing. At least it was a split decision. I thought it was 29-27 Hamill being kind to Bisping.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #7
Adam Noble

Profile:

Gotta agree here. That was a travesty. I wanted Bisping to win too. Lost all respect for him post fight. He was dominated the entire time. Ridiculous.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #8
Jason Lopez-Ota

Profile:

Yeah Hammil won. It sucks b/c I think Hammil is underestimated. I hope there is a rematch.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:59 AM   #9
Brett Sammis

Profile:

+1 here, too. I had it 29-28 in my mind as well, and I could easily have been persuaded to go the route of the one judge who had it 30-27 Hamill.

Don't know what ing fight the judges were watching.

bts
Old 09-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #10
Becca Borawski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Cannons View Post
Yes very dissapointing !! Especially when Bisping talked it up at the end. I am suprised Rogan didnt make a comment about it.
Rogan's commentary was nauseatingly pro-Bisping the entire fight. Didn't surprise me at all that he didn't question the decision. He kept claiming that Bisping was landing punches he wasn't and saying how Bisping nearly had Hamill submitted multiple times, which was also far from the truth.

www.crossfitla.com -- www.modernathena.com -- www.nerdjockprincess.com