CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 07-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
Steve Vanderbok

Profile:
I've been adhering to Crossfit like a crack fiend for three months since a friend turned me onto it. I thought I would lose strength in some areas and gain in others as my body balanced out (correcting strength imbalances from all the years spent "bodybuilding" at my local McGym). I was dead certain that I'd become weaker in my chest and I was ok with that.

Under Crossfit the only chest work I've done is Lynne on 5/28 and ring dips and ring pushups. So yesterday I was doing a ME black box workout and ended my workout w/ 5x3 one-armed dumbbell bench press. Pre-CF I would work up to 85#. I thought I'd be lucky to hit that for 1-3 reps now. Worked up to 85# and it was a breeze. So I went to 90#. Same. Then 95#! That was tough but I hit 3 reps with no problem. I think I could have went higher again! I'm amazed that I got so much stronger, so quickly in an area that I hadn't even been focusing on. Wow!

I'm balancing out my strength all right. But I'm not losing strength anywhere. It's an all over gain. After a 10 year plateau I'm practically giddy!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
Roark Marsh

Profile:
One arm bench is awesome. I think it's the body as one piece attitude of crossfit that makes exercises like this skyrocket. You may try pure strength moves and see if you're gaining/losing strength there as well, something like a standard barbell bench.

Congrats.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
Frank DiMeo

Profile:
Nice work! Congrats!