CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-25-2006, 12:12 PM   #21
Timothy Alan CHauran

Profile:

I'll take steel over plastic any day -- going to order mine right now.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:32 PM   #22
Timothy Alan CHauran

Profile:

...plus, they're cheaper than the pre-order cost of Elite Rings...and are even ready to ship!
Old 02-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #23
Andy Deas

Profile:
Michael,

I have been considering purchasing the TAPS bar for home, but was curious how stable it was when kipping?

Thanks,

Andy
Old 02-25-2006, 03:30 PM   #24
Michael Forge

Profile:
Andy,

The taps bar is extremely sturdy and stable. You do get some wobble while kipping, but there is absolutely no possibility of it tipping. That stability, however, comes at a price: it's feet are VERY long and take up way more floor space than you'd think. Or at least than I thought.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:56 AM   #25
John Velandra

Profile:
Back to rings...
:happy:
Tyler, any word on this new company? How are they coming???????
Old 02-27-2006, 08:07 AM   #26
Ben Kaminski

Profile:
The torque rings look just like the original power rings - welded steel. I wish torque had listed the thickness of each ring - they only list the guage of the metal. The reason for this is that the power rings were a little thicker than the standard, if I recall correctly. I also seem to recall that the elite rings are the proper thickness. Since I already have the power rings, I'll keep waiting for the new stuff.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:01 AM   #27
Steve Sawyer

Profile:
I have the power rings, and find them to be excellent. I'm looking forward to the Elite rings because of the weight savings. The power rings will stay at home, and the Elite rings will travel to different job sites (firehouses).
For those who are interested, go to Ebay and type in "gymnastic rings" under sporting goods. There are some wooden ones, and some antique leather ones. Interesting.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:05 PM   #28
Tyler Hass

Profile:
John,
I talked to them on Friday and they didn't like the glue that I had spec'd out for them. But they had some better ideas, which they are going to test out. Hopefully they will figure it out early this week. I'm dying to get the new Elite Rings out. I've been training on a pair that I super glued together for about the past month. I feel kind of bad that everyone else has to wait, but the final product will be more durable than what I'm using.
The Torque Athletic rings should be the same in every way as the Power Rings from about a year ago. They were my original supplier for the metal rings and then I moved onto a different supplier. And now I'm onto a completely new style of ring. But since they have completely ripped off my idea, I would expect that it would be the same, other than the color of the straps.

Tyler
Old 02-28-2006, 08:31 AM   #29
Timothy Alan CHauran

Profile:

I'm curious how Torque could have "completely ripped off" your "idea" (wow, I had no idea you were the inventor of gynastic rings!), especially when you yourself admit you'd moved on to a new style of rings?

Your operation seems about as unprofessional as it gets Tyler, and if you end up succeeding after all the delays, excuses and blame-laying, it will probably be in spite of yourself...
Old 02-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #30
Richard Paul Ham-Williams

Profile:
Tyler,

Just put my order in for a set of rings too, home made are good but yours look too good to resist :-)
Any idea on roughly how long shipping to UK is likely to be once they are produced?

Kick some *** and take names if the co. mess you around man - you are their customer!

Cheers