CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-07-2004, 09:16 AM   #1
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Given Matt's success with Dynamax, it occurred to me we could perhaps negotiate something with Elite Fitness. I have been wanting to get chains, bands, and Zatsiorsky's book. If we could get even 10%, that would be, well, 10%.

I doubt we could get a large group together to buy the same things, but have any of you out there been considering buying anything off that site? My take on the value proposition is if we can commit to, say, $1,500 in business, we get a preferred price. I'm sure they do that with Universities and whatnot all the time. We get some sort of discount code or something, and they get higher publicity and higher likelihood of getting our business.

Here's the website: http://www.elitefts.com/ .

I'll make the call if at least 10 people or so are interested.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:16 AM   #2
Brian Hand

Profile:

Barry, I'd be interested in some Jumpstretch bands.

Old 10-07-2004, 12:35 PM   #3
Tanner Kolb

Profile:
i would also be interested in some more jump stretch bands, but should we go directly through jump stretch?
Old 10-07-2004, 04:36 PM   #4
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Upon further consideration, that might make more sense. Elite is a wholesaler. If we go right to the manufacturer, they obviously have a lower cost basis and would be in a better position to discount and still make money.

So, anyone interested in bands, please let me know that, and anyone interested in chains, please let me know that. There is a place in Columbus where I think Louie Simmons used to buy all his stuff. I may have to shop a bit to find someone willing to play ball. Any suggestions in that regard would be welcomed. Thanks!!

Also, we may want to define categories where some sort of negotiation might bear fruit, such as ropes, rowers, O-lifting stuff, spandex tights, tanning lotions, and G-Strings, although people here may not be interested in all of that, like the ropes.

I didn't intend to get into this, but I was going to buy the things anyway, and I realized a little work would be worth it. Hopefully. Not going to noodle with the stuff I didn't already have on my list though. Will do bands and chains, if there's sufficient interest.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:39 PM   #5
Mike Minium

Profile:
Just a quick administrative note...as discussed in this thread and as started by Matt in the medicine ball thread, we're using the notation "Group Buy: XX" to specify a particular item or items that we're interested in buying, where XX is the product.

I'm thinking this is more of a brainstorming thread, but when we get to a decision on the product we intend to buy, let's use the notation like Matt did. That way as time goes on, board members will key in on such posts and they won't get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 10-08-2004, 12:41 PM   #6
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Guys,
I just bought a bunch of bands from Ironwoody (8 pairs for about $172 including shipping). Their holding up to about 140 12-13 year old volleyball players pretty well. We use them for squat, deadlift, thruster resistance and pull up assistance. Check them out at: http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/
Old 10-11-2004, 10:04 AM   #7
Barry Cooper

Profile:
I found some cheap chain here: http://www.1st-chainsupply.com/chain/wlifting_chain.htm

I just ordered it. Hopefully they're legit.