CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 01-23-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
Jake Wood

Profile:
Drip Drop Oral Rehydration

Hey everyone,

I run a nonprofit called Team Rubicon. We're currently doing work fighting the cholera epidemic in Haiti, and we're using a new product (which we also used in Pakistan) called Drip Drop. It's an Oral Rehydration Solution that meets World Health Organization standards. ORS has been used for about 60 years to treat infectious diseases that cause severe dehydration, like cholera and acute gastroenteritis. To break it down, Drip Drop is like Gatorade and Pedialyte on steroids.

What makes it unique, however, is that most ORS taste horrible due to the medically relevant sodium and potassium levels. Drip Drop on the other hand was developed over the last few years by a Mayo doctor to break the taste barrier. What we're using actually tastes great, meaning that we're actually getting patient compliance; in Haiti, Pakistan, and in the hospitals implementing it here in the States.

I'm writing because I've started to use it for my workouts now that I'm back Stateside. It's incredible. 33% more electrolytes than Pedialyte but with great taste. I know that since I've used it in the field this is a biased post, but I wanted to pass the link on to you. The link will take you to the Amazon page where you can purchase it.

http://www.amazon.com/Drip-Drop-Adva...5766215&sr=8-1YOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.

Feel free to try it and leave feedback.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
Meghan Reid

Profile:
Re: Drip Drop Oral Rehydration

Hey Jake,

Appreciate your suggestion, but if I were you I'd get permission from one of the board moderators to post an advertisement like that. They usually frown on people using the board in that way without permission, especially since you've only been posting here for a little while.

-Meghan

Old 01-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
James Chu

Profile:

I understand why individuals in Haiti would need such a product, but why would an average user on these boards need "Gatorade and Pedialyte on steroids" after doing a WOD?

Are you losing that many electrolytes while working out that you need such drastic measure to restore lost salts?

Old 02-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
Frank E Morel

Profile:

Funny how your post is mostly verbatim from the advert itself. Guess your just pumping up your sales.