CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
Brian Strump

Profile:
Running an affiliate as a healthcare provider

Guys,

A few chiropractic friends that either own an affiliate, do CrossFit, or treat patients that do CrossFit have been trying to find ways to spread the word of CrossFit to other healthcare providers to use a a form of rehab, or training for athletics.

Right now, it's a few chiropractors I know, some webcasts we've put together and alot of other helpful information on how to either incorporate the two in your own office, or work with a local affiliate in ways that would benefit the healthcare provider, and affiliate.

We're looking for PT's, manual therapists, M.D's, etc. to help to either add your experience, or just want to be a part of something like this. We'd like to eventually forward the work to HQ to show them how we're looking to promote this.

If you're interested in finding out more, please message more, just post your email to the post; and we can add you to our list. There is no selling going on, just looking to expand our knowledge base of our current group.

Thanks,

Brian
Old 03-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Jim Pascucci

Profile:
Re: Running an affiliate as a healthcare provider

Hi Brian;

This is interesting as I was thinking about contacting you about this subject. I'm a recent affiliate owner, and Advanced Rolfer. I was thinking about this as one of my "team" a Chiropractor was adjusting my knees before the Games WOD.
Anyway, I did a pilot study on the benefits of Rolfing to CrossFit athletes that is submitted to the journal. I have been asked by the Rolf Institute to write an article of the benefits of CrossFit to Rolfing clients...
Dr. Nagel, has brought in a BIA analyzer which we intend to use with our athlete's as another way to measure the benefits of CrossFit.
My email is jim@integralCrossFit.com or jim@jimtherolfer.com.
regards
jim
Old 03-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
Josh Felber

Profile:

Brian

We have a Chirop moving in next door to us (who is someone I know) and had thought about how to tie what his practice with our affiliate. If you have details you are willing to share let me know.

Thanks
Josh Felber
CrossFit Akron
info@akroncrossfit.com
Old 03-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Brian Strump

Profile:

Thanks guys. I'll copy your emails, and we'll be in touch. In the meantime, shoot me an email if you have any questions.

Jim, that sounds great! We have not done any actual studies, but we do see the greatest CF gains in our patients, and quickest recover from injury from out CrossFitters versus the general public. I know working on mobility and allowing the CrossFitter to get into better positions to become more efficient is a big reason why.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:21 AM   #5
Beau Bryant

Profile:

beau82nd at gmail dot com
Old 03-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
Helen Lawson

Profile:

I've been thinking about different ways to market my services as a CrossFit trainer to chiropractors and massage therapists.

I figure that thier patients/clients are also my perfect clients: Care about taking care of thier bodies and have the $ means to do so.

Do you have any materials to share that could be used to show chiropractors the benefits of having thier clients do CrossFit?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
Brian Strump

Profile:

Helen, PM me your email address and we'll be in touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
I've been thinking about different ways to market my services as a CrossFit trainer to chiropractors and massage therapists.

I figure that thier patients/clients are also my perfect clients: Care about taking care of thier bodies and have the $ means to do so.

Do you have any materials to share that could be used to show chiropractors the benefits of having thier clients do CrossFit?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:54 AM   #8
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Strump View Post
Thanks Brian! PM Sent.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
Darlene Santano

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Strump View Post
Interestingly enough, it's my chiropractor who first got me interested in Crossfit! She and her husband were looking for a different form of fitness and they were introduced to one of the trainers at our Crossfit Edmonton gym and the rest, as they say, is history!