CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-21-2006, 10:56 AM   #1
Jamila Bey

Profile:
For a CrossFitter whose wonderful hubby already got her a C2 rower, and she has access to a CF gym for O-lifting, where should these items go in order of things to buy for home workouts;
x-vest
lifting shoes
kettlebell
D-max ball

Additions or subtractions welcome. Folks?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
Allen Yeh

Profile:
I posted a simliar question over at Crossfit Myspace so here is what I gathered as a consensus. Do you already have access to a pullup bar on a regular basis?

Additions:
Pullup bar (if you don't already have access) I just mounted one recently, not much kipping to be done but it's nice to have one right there. GTG anyone?
Rings -
Sandbag - Able to do all kinds of lifts with this versatile item, look up Ross Enamait's Sandbag construction kit maybe a total of $30-$40
Parallettes - Great tool for handstands, l-sits...etc $25 or less depending if you already have something to cut the PVC with.
Foam roller - $20 and awesome for self myofascial release! You can improvise other items to serve the same purpose but I can definitely feel a difference between using one and not.

As for ordering the other stuff I'm not sure I would personally put a KB before the other stuff, the lifting shoes would be nice but I don't have access to a platform very often and my wrestling shoes have been working so far.

My top 5 with the additions.
1. Foam roller for recovery
2. pullup bar/rings
2. KB
3. parallettes
4. Sandbag
5. Dynamax or D-ball (I personally have neither but it would be my next major purchase, I haven't decided which I'd prefer, I'm leaning towards D-ball though.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:40 AM   #3
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
1. D-max ball for sure!
2. KB, if you don't have DBs.
3. Lifting shoes
4. X-vest, when plain old body weight isn't enough.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
Greg Kemp

Profile:
-D-max
Lifting Shoes- until you have used them squating or doing any o-lifting they are great
-KB- can sub DB if need be
-x-vest-
Old 02-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #5
Paul Findley

Profile:
You can slam a D-ball, you can wall ball a D-ball (I have a plywood target), should you slam a Dynamax? Catching a thrown D-ball might not be as fun.