CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-22-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
Vic McQuaide

Profile:
Jaktrx suppliments anyone know much about them

Gang,
My friend Bruce Young going to the games for second time turned me onto a company. I asked the company rep about CrossFit testing and their products.
Anyone here have any info on this company and testing standards?

https://jaktrx.com/pages/about-us

Here is a response from the company rep-

Every single ingredient that goes into our products is tested for identity and potency before being blended.
Every single lot of finished product is again tested for potency to ensure that it meets the label claim accurately. None of our products contain banned substances and are designed by athlete scientists, for athletes. JAKTRX follows the WADA guidelines.

Over the years, weve had numerous athletes qualify for Regionals and the CrossFit Games who were taking JAKTRX products before, during and after. Michele Letendre, Paul Tremblay, Lucas Parker, Katrin Davidssottir and most recently, Sam Cournoyer who just qualified for his first CrossFit Games last month.
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 05-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #2
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Jaktrx suppliments anyone know much about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic McQuaide View Post
Gang,
My friend Bruce Young going to the games for second time turned me onto a company. I asked the company rep about CrossFit testing and their products.
Anyone here have any info on this company and testing standards?

https://jaktrx.com/pages/about-us

Here is a response from the company rep-

Every single ingredient that goes into our products is tested for identity and potency before being blended.
Every single lot of finished product is again tested for potency to ensure that it meets the label claim accurately. None of our products contain banned substances and are designed by athlete scientists, for athletes. JAKTRX follows the WADA guidelines.

Over the years, we’ve had numerous athletes qualify for Regionals and the CrossFit Games who were taking JAKTRX products before, during and after. Michele Letendre, Paul Tremblay, Lucas Parker, Katrin Davidssottir and most recently, Sam Cournoyer who just qualified for his first CrossFit Games last month.

Ask them if there is any risk for contamination during the manufacturing process.

Do they use their production machines for manufacturing different products?

Are there any other ingredients or medicine based products, drugs within the production site that are not compliant to WADA but are in the same building or warehouse?

Where are the products made?

How and by who are their products tested.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:29 AM   #3
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Alex, Thank you very much for the info. Great questions.

Enjoy the weekend!

Vic
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 05-31-2019, 07:47 PM   #4
Rob Poling Jr

Profile:

First Ive heard of them so I would tend to avoid them for a while until they got a little more known in the market with more feedback. They might be spot on with their manufacturing but if I was a competitor having to take **** tests I would be Leary of new companies.
Gold Star out of NJ is a relatively known brand and just lost a $27m case for a tainted supplement.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:23 AM   #5
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Any risk for contamination during the manufacturing process? No, the equipment is chemically cleaned between running our product and someone else's product.

Do you use your production machines for manufacturing different products? Yes, but again there is a chemical cleaning done between product types.

Are there any other ingredients or medicine based products, drugs within the production site that are not compliant to WADA but are in the same building or warehouse? The manufacturing plants we use are GMP certified and NSF certified so they can not carry any products in their warehouse or on their machines that are not WADA compliant.

Where are the products made? New Jersey, New York, and Texas. Depends on the product.

How and by who are their products tested? The products are tested by a third party lab for potency, microbiology, pesticides and heavy metal.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:36 PM   #6
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic McQuaide View Post
Any risk for contamination during the manufacturing process? No, the equipment is chemically cleaned between running our product and someone else's product.

Do you use your production machines for manufacturing different products? Yes, but again there is a chemical cleaning done between product types.

Are there any other ingredients or medicine based products, drugs within the production site that are not compliant to WADA but are in the same building or warehouse? The manufacturing plants we use are GMP certified and NSF certified so they can not carry any products in their warehouse or on their machines that are not WADA compliant.

Where are the products made? New Jersey, New York, and Texas. Depends on the product.

How and by who are their products tested? The products are tested by a third party lab for potency, microbiology, pesticides and heavy metal.
Vic - they seem very open and based on this you can't really do anymore.

Keep the correspondence you received just in case something did happen and as i have mentioned before, keep a very small sample from each and every container with the batch number.

Should anything happen, you have proof that it was not your fault. I find this very difficult to uphold unless you go super clean and live off water and sunshine for the rest of your life.

As an athlete you can only do so much, you can't test a product, but by keeping samples you will know if 1 was contaminated if you should ever have troubles.

cheers Alex
Old 06-07-2019, 08:16 AM   #7
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

I agree. You can't be 100% positive about anything. The last person got busted because of a pre workout she drank. Wonder if you can trust Fit Aid, Kill Cliff and others the offer a get up in the morning type of pre drink?
Old 06-17-2019, 03:56 AM   #8
Alex Burden

Profile:

Have you seen this.... Mayhem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqZFqJnS1BQ&t=307s WFS

can't wait for part 2 of this...
Old 06-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #9
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Alex,
Yes I saw that. I thought that it was totally professional. I believe that the ones that have 1/1000000000 in the system are tainted supplements.

She took 100% ownership of it and provided enough info for me to believe her truth.