CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #41
Paul Poterek

Profile:
Re: CHEAP Bumpers-Any Good???

Duane,

The colored bumpers are in stock, specially priced right now to be the best value on the market and competitively priced with our black interlocking bumpers. They are ready to ship from several of our vendors.

I know that Christian's Fitness Factory presently has them in-stock. Here is a link:
http://www.christiansfitnessfactory....w-all-products

(H/W/S)

And there is also a CF board review from four days ago regarding a fellow CF'ers experience with these bumper and Christian's Service in shipping them:
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=59792

Christian's site will have both of our bumpers so you can compare pricing easily enough.

Feel free to shoot me your e-mail address and I'll forward more pics of the colored bumpers.

Regarding the AOB-1200. That bar is an institutionally rated black zinc bar with a 125,000 PSI rating and a polished / pinned sleeve, American made.

This is a much better bar than your average, off-the-shelf retail Olympic bar.

Regarding comparison to Rogue's bar, in the spirit of full disclosure, I have never used the Rogue bars, but understand that they're of a high quality.

I'm sure my fellow Texan and resident CF bar guru, Robert Britt Freund could expound on the differences more eloquently or perhaps Bill or Kris from Rogue may know since I believe they've had access to ours and obviously know theirs.

Hope this answers your questions. If not, feel free to e-mail me at your convenience.

Best regards,
Paul J. Poterek
paul.poterek@troybarbell.com
Old 07-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #42
Paul Poterek

Profile:

Duane,

The colored bumpers are in stock, specially priced right now to be the best value on the market and competitively priced with our black interlocking bumpers. They are ready to ship from several of our vendors.

I know that Christian's Fitness Factory presently has them in-stock. Here is a link:
http://www.christiansfitnessfactory....w-all-products

(H/W/S)

And there is also a CF board review from four days ago regarding a fellow CF'ers experience with these bumper and Christian's Service in shipping them:
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=59792

Christian's site will have both of our bumpers so you can compare pricing easily enough.

Feel free to shoot me your e-mail address and I'll forward more pics of the colored bumpers.

Regarding the AOB-1200. That bar is an institutionally rated black zinc bar with a 125,000 PSI rating and a polished / pinned sleeve, American made.

This is a much better bar than your average, off-the-shelf retail Olympic bar.

Regarding comparison to Rogue's bar, in the spirit of full disclosure, I have never used the Rogue bars, but understand that they're of a high quality.

I'm sure my fellow Texan and resident CF bar guru, Robert Britt Freund could expound on the differences more eloquently or perhaps Bill or Kris from Rogue may know since I believe they've had access to ours and obviously know theirs.

Hope this answers your questions. If not, feel free to e-mail me at your convenience.

Best regards,
Paul J. Poterek
Old 07-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #43
Duane Bennett

Profile:

Thanks Paul.

Good price. I wonder if dealers like The Kettlebell King will include the colored bumpers in a package.

I can vouch for the quality of the Rogue Bar. I actually just ordered my second one and so far am very happy with my current bar. I was asking about the Troy bar because of the competitive package that The Kettlebell King offers (bar, bumpers, and kbs). Just curious because I'm thinking of selling my iron and going with all bumpers. Not sure if I want to stick will all black (Hi-Temp) or add some color.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #44
Paul Poterek

Profile:

Duane,

It's been my experience that Bert aka "The Kettlebell King" is pretty open to making sets if there is a demand. He is also an excellent resource who does a fine job selling and servicing our products.

I believe whether it's with Bert or Christian, you'll be pleased with our colored bumpers if you do decide to color up.

Ultimately, if you do indeed buy some please let us know how they perform.

Best regards,
Paul J. Poterek
Old 07-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #45
Jean-Paul Lara

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McMahon View Post
I dont know about those but I have some of these for home use and they seem to work just fine.

http://www.fitnessfactory.com/Home/item.cfm?id=4004
do they sell these per set?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #46
Paul Poterek

Profile:

Jean Paul,

Those are Bodysolid brand plates and that website is owned and run by Bodysolid, therefore if you ask, they would or at least should be able to work something out for you if you wish to purchase a set.

Good luck with your purchase,
Paul J. Poterek
Paul.poterek@troybarbell.com
Old 07-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #47
Ron Murray

Profile:

Paul,
I don't know if this has been answered or not yet, but is there a dealer that sells the VTX steel colored bumpers in sets?
Old 07-24-2010, 04:38 PM   #48
David M Welton

Profile:

I had a question.... Can I mix bumper plates with regular olympic plates and still drop the weight with no ploblem? Thanks! -David
Old 07-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #49
Paul Poterek

Profile:

Ron,

The colored bumpers are relatively new so there is not yet a brick and mortar dealer or e-commerce dealer that I am aware of presently selling them in sets yet but there should be some very soon.

As stated previously, Christian and his team at Christians Fitness Factory www.christiansfitnessfactory.com and Bert at www.kettlebellking.com (both sites are h/w/f) are both open to creating sets and have done this previously for our black bumpers.

As both presently stock our bumpers in quantity and have thus far had good reviews from CFer's they are two good potential candidates to begin selling colored bumpers in sets at an affordable price.

I have received many,many e-mails on this very issue just over the weekend so I will certainly put out the word with all of my dealers and post the names of the first ones offering sets.

In health,
Paul J. Poterek
Old 07-28-2010, 01:34 AM   #50
Brian LeTourneau

Profile:

Paul,

Are there any dealers for your colored bumpers in southern California - LA region? I'd love to save on shipping from CFF if possible.