CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
Sarah Clent

Profile:
Protien

Hey All

Just thought i would quickly post this to see if there is anyone else who has this same problem.

For the last 4 or so months i have eaten Paleo 90% of the time. But recently (last 2 weeks) I have been feeling quite ill at the thought of eating protein. Not ALL the time but mostly during the week. Bacon and eggs is fine but its things like grilled turkey or chicken that make me gag. And i also feel sick in the tummy after?

Sometimes i am barely hungry at all and have to force myself to eat. I am not pregnant either (before anyone asks haha)

Anyone else had a similar situation?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Niall Somerville

Profile:
Re: Protien

It's probably a mental thing. I would say you are just sick of it and think of it like "oh no not more protein again". Maybe change things up a little and see if that helps.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:59 PM   #3
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Between Christmas and Thanksgiving, a lot of people are pretty sick of turkey by the time New Year's rolls around...

Seasonal issues aside, it could be a lack of variety, either in your protein sources or in their preparation, or both. If grilled chicken is out, how would you feel about a steak? Or some nice tender BBQ ribs?

There's also nothing wrong with eating less, assuming your energy levels are fine and you're genuinely not hungry. If your metabolism is working right -- which is the whole point of going Paleo, right? -- your body should tell you what it needs.

Katherine

Last edited by Katherine Derbyshire : 01-05-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Sarah, many people note of getting sick of eating one form of meat if it becomes a habit.

I'm not on paleo but I will note that sometimes it is quite difficult for me to even want to eat eggs. I've even gotten that way with milk at times when there is only milk and eggs in my fridge. I almost became the same way with meatballs but luckily I went through them too quickly.

It's good to vary what you eat and how it's prepared from a health and mental perspective.