CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
Andrew Brown

Profile:
Two articles on BBC.com today about diet's affect on depression. The advice offered is very paleo.

First: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4610070.stm
"Researchers said the proliferation of industrialised farming had introduced pesticides and altered the body fat composition of animals due to the diet they are now fed.

For example, the report said chickens reach their slaughter weight twice as fast as they did 30 years ago, increasing the fat content from 2% to 22%.

The diet has also altered the balance of vital fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6 in chickens which the brain needs to ensure it functions properly."

Second:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4610998.stm
"I am very careful what I eat now, especially when I go out for a meal. My main diet is meat, fish, vegetable and fruit and I only eat organic food."

And Mr Godfrey, who is now completely free of the severe depression which plagued him during the first half of his life, said other people should consider altering their diets if they are having problems. "