|03-21-2007, 10:31 AM||#1|
A little humor for the afternoon boredom. Taken from http://www.fitstep.com/Misc/Newslett...es/issue20.htm (Work/Family safe)
Let's see...for me...#2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 18, 20, 30 and 31!! :banana:
You Know You're a Dedicated Trainer When...
Take a humorous look at what being a dedicated trainer
is all about...you may recognize yourself!!
1. If, on a job application, under "Previous Employment,"
you've listed weight training and under "Hobbies" you've
listed your actual previous employment.
2. If you've ever made yourself so sore that it either
takes you a full minute to sit on the toilet or you
have to fall down onto it.
3. If you've been banned from an all-you-can-eat buffet
4. If you've ever broken a bone and tried to "train
5. If you're buying a home and the first thing you look for
is where your training equipment will go (not how big
the kitchen is or if there's a furnace or running water
or anything like that).
6. If you've ever mentally calculated the protein content
of a piece of your own birthday cake.
7. If you'd vote for Arnold Schwarzenegger regardless of
of his views, policies or even what he's running for.
8. If everybody you know asks you to help them when they
move because you can lift heavy things.
9. If Navy Seal training "looks like fun."
10. If you've ever had to scratch your nose in the middle of
a set and you've used the weight to scratch it.
11. If you've brought skinless chicken breasts to a rock
concert instead of beer.
12. If you can remember your One Rep Max for 76 different
exercises but you can't remember your family and friends
13. You've kept an old vitamin bottle for 12 years because
it "brings back memories."
14. If your fridge has more than 6 cartons of eggs in it
at any given time.
15. If, when you travel, you pack an extra bag just for
16. If your marriage vows include the words "for better
or for worse or for pre-contest dieting."
17. If your idea of a good leg workout is one where you work
them so hard you can't take two steps without falling
down after a set.
18. If you use the squat rack more for squats than you do
for barbell curls.
19. If your spotter is yelling "It's all you!" and it
20. You do bicep curls with your grocery bags as you bring
21. You mix tuna into your cereal to get more protein.
22. If you need to go to therapy if you miss two workouts
in a row.
23. If the thought of lifting a car sounds perfectly
reasonable to you.
24. If you've ever set a 45-pound plate on your lap and
used it as a TV tray for eating dinner.
25. If you set your alarm to wake up in the middle of the
night to drink a protein shake.
26. If you don't even have to set your alarm anymore to
wake up in the middle of the night to drink a protein
27. If you've ever wrapped the calorie counter on a cardio
machine back around to zero.
28. If you've ever had to add extra weight to a machine
because there's just not enough weight on it for you.
29. You mix protein powder into your condiments.
30. If you're regularly the very first, very last, or only
person in your gym.
31. If you've laughed at any single one of the items in
this article because it describes you perfectly.
|03-21-2007, 07:24 PM||#4|
2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 (max was 13 cartons - week supply), 15, 18, 19, 22, 25 (couple times), 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
Very close to number 3. Ate a 6 lbs (96 oz.) steak with potato, salad and bread in 35 mins.
I need a life :D
|03-22-2007, 02:28 PM||#5|
Addendum to #4: If you've ever severed two flexor tendons in your hand and your first thought isn't, "I wonder if I'll be disfigured.", it's, "I wonder if I'll still be able to do heavy deadlifts."
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Advice for a new trainer in a non-CF gym||Nadia Shatila||Community||16||08-23-2007 10:22 PM|
|CF GYM/TRAINER DAVIS, CA. ??||Frank Batt||Community||0||06-13-2007 06:35 PM|
|First day as a trainer.||Nathan Sobczak||Community||9||02-23-2007 10:36 PM|
|New CF trainer||Laura Head||Running a CrossFit Facility||2||09-23-2006 03:11 AM|
|Personal trainer (soon to be)||Roy||Starting||7||12-17-2003 11:15 AM|