CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-23-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Chris Tan

Profile:
Protein - All in one or separates?

Hi guys,

I used to use an all in one recovery shake, but I've switched up to buying a quality whey with separates (creatine mono, beta alanine, maltodextrin, glutamine, BCAAs) that I add according to what I want at the time. My initial reasoning was cost, but it's quite a pain in the arse constantly scooping little bits of powder into shakers and I know there are all in ones out there that contain everything I want.

I was told that you can't be certain that 1 scoop of your all in one, will contain exactly what the label states, as you've effectively got a tub of several mixed powders, whereas with separates you have the control.

I personally don't have a clue!! Does anyone?
Old 05-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
Luke Sirakos

Profile:
Re: Protein - All in one or separates?

Yeah you might not get exactly 5g of creatine in a mix where it says you have 5g of creatine in a serving but as long as you are taking a quality product you likely don't have to spend too much time worrying about that. There are likely more holes in the rest of your diet/programming that would make a much larger impact than if you get slightly less or more creatine in a PWO shake.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #3
John Burgeson

Profile:
Re: Protein - All in one or separates?

I've never even thought of that before, that because of the mix of different powders you never know what you're consuming. How depressing. Although, it seems better than mixing everything yourself. What a pita