CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #21
Daniel Frankel

Profile:
Re: My Quest To Become an Animal - Frankel's Log

July 29th

SS#11

BS 145x3x5 (Fixed the "good morning" problem, but I can't seem to go thumbless or go chest up. One will come with the other, but it hurts my thumb, wrist, and forearms to go thumbless. I assume I'm doing it wrong.
BP 105x3x5
DL 155x1x5 (Happy with these)
Old 08-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #22
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

August 1st

SS #12

Today I was on fire. This is the best training day I have had ever for SS, and I was super happy with it!

BS 150x3x5 --> I finally found a way to go thumbless that I was happy with, which helping me push my chest out a little and fix the majority of my form problems. I will post up videos by the end of next week (no time). Squats were super fast, almost needed no rest whatsoever between reps.

OHP 90x3x5 --> I have never ripped through OHP's faster in my life. I ltierally got under the bar, and knocked out 5 reps in about 6-7 seconds, racked it, and felt like I could have done a set of 15 too! I actually broke my old 5RM by 5lbs. here, but I did 100x3 about 2 months ago and back then I felt like I could have hit AT LEAST 5, so I knew that my previous 5RM (85) was nowhere near my actual 5RM.

PC 95x3x5 --> Nothing too special here, but I had super fast elbows on the turnover. I felt like Halil Mutlu ! Ripped through these super fast, and started to open at the knees first on my 2nd set, but watched the video and fixed it by my third.

I can attribute this to my sudden increase of sleep. I finished school last friday, and so I got a proper nights sleep from friday night onward. Plus I have generally bettered my eating since last week, trying to cut out the globs of carbs that have been in my diet, and taking fish oil again.

Today was a good day.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #23
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

Forgot to mention, I played on my rings today also.

Did a fairly solid ring HSPU, decided to do a MU to HSPU on rings, AND GOT IT!!!

It was ugly, and I would not have been able to do mroe than one, but I did it nonetheless, even if I had to climb the straps a little with my feet. I need to make some parallettes to start working on full depth HSPU, but its not a huge concern at the moment.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #24
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Whh2Ewohc (WFS)

Here is tonights session. Just made a thread about it in digital coaching, so I won't say much here.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #25
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

August 3rd

SS #13

I happened to do today's session at my school. Even though it's the summer, my crossfit coach (teacher at school) invited me and a friend over to do SS in the weight room, which was great. I got to hear some good comments and feedback while I was lifting, and it was also great to catch up.

BS 155x3x5 (Really fast. I could not video for proper depth as my camera ran out of battery before I started, but my coach said nothing so I didn't think anything of it. I was told to keep my head tucked back instead of pushing it out forward in order to push my chest out. It seemed to help, I must get used to it. Went thumbless again today, and I am officially used to it...I think )
BP 110x3x5 (Simple and easy. I won't have any problems with benching for awhile as I started very low)
DL 165x3x5 (Very easy, no trouble)

It was nice to hit up a morning session, and not have to worry about getting in my workout for the rest of the day. I may be heading up to a cottage this weekend, so I may end up missing fridays workout. I may still make a 5lb. jump on all my lifts on monday, depending how I feel. As well, If I end up getting back monday instead of Sunday (I'll be beat from the cottage), I will probably follow a tuesday/thursday/saturday for next week.

On a side note, I'll be hitting my old 5RM for squat by the end of next week! (I could have had a much higher 5RM when I squatted 200, but I knew nothing about heavy sessions back then, so...)
Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #26
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

August 8th

SS #14

BS 160x3x5 (Felt great. Still the issue with not sticking my chest out, but I am working on it. Maybe I need to do some thoracic mobility?)
OHP 95x3x5 (1st set = hard, kind of slow. 2nd set = adrenaline rush, pretty fast. 3rd set = in between. Fair amount of speed, but nothing over the top. Overall I am happy. My old 1RM is 115, and my old 5RM was 80 or so. So I am interested to see how well I hit 115 for 5 near the end of the month.
PC 100x5x3 (These were very hard to hit. They were very fast, but I did SS at about 6:30-8:00, and I was pretty beat by these. My elbow turnover was good though)

These were actually my weights from friday, but I was at a cottage then and got back late last night. I still did the weight jumps because I felt fairly confident with it.

I'm hitting my 5RM for BS on wednesday!!

Today went fairly well.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #27
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

August 10th

SS #15

BS 165x3x5 (All of these were okay. I was just at depth, even though during warmup i was hitting excellent depth. Whatever. Chest was out during warmup sets, i couldnt keep it out during my worksets, i think because i needed to keep my elbows higher behind the bar to keep it on my back.)
BP 115x3x5 (These were a piece of cake, nothing out of the ordinary. My first set I was focusing so hard on tightening my abs (i realised last week that they are usually loose while i bench) that I started to go light headed, and basically just shot through the reps with a headrush in order to rack it afterwards. It wouldnt have been terrible if I had to bail, because I have safety pins so I would have just rested it down on the pins before it hit my chest. 2nd and 2rd sets were fine)
DL 175x1x5 (These took a lot out of me. I was beat by the end of the training session, and I also have a large scrape on my thumb from tubing at the cottage last weekend, so hook grip was hurting my hand, but I just pushed through it regardless.

I guess its godo that I PR'ed my 5RM DL & BS, but today was a pretty bad session. I was unmotivated, and tired, and I don't think I ate enough yesterday. I think i'll need to find out what I should eat specifically, say 30 mins before my session starts to perk up my energy. Sessions now take me over an hour, so I am a little concerned about what will happen when school starts again in september. Ah well, I'll worry about it when it comes.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #28
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

Forgot to mention, I tried on a shirt I haven't worn in about 2 months.......and it doesn't fit anymore!

This, I am happy about.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #29
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

August 11th

Played on rings with a buddy today. Did another muscleup to handstand pushup, and it was ugly as hell. Ill post a video later. I need to get myself some parallettes to do some skill work with full depth HSPU

Also, I did 4 consecutive muscleup forward roll to muscleup. I missed the 5th one.

Nothing strenuous, more just monkeying around.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #30
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

August 12th

SS #16

BS 170x3x5 (These were pretty good, although I generally had 1-2 reps that were a little high and the depth was questionable. otherwise it was good)
OHP 100x3x5 (These were very fast, except on sets 2 and 3 I lost my control of the bar, and had to rebreath halfway through. The last rep of sets 2 and 3 was exremely tough, but it was because I rushed everything. Also, my elbows were behind the bar on some reps. I need to focus on bringing them forward)
PC 105x5x3 (I rushed thruogh these faster than I would have liked. I had fast elbows, although I think I rushed the pull with my arms)

If I'm not lazy, I'll post videos tomorrow. :P

Today went well. First back squat PR (5 lbs) and OHP PR (did my 3RM for 5) from SS Yay!