CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
Christian Batchelor

Profile:
Need Help with Nutrition and Supps on the go

Stats:
AGE - 31
Height - 6'0"
Weight - 170#
DL: 405
Bench: 205
Fr Sq: 345
HBBS: 345
C&J: 255
Snatch: 190
Fran: 5:08

Here's the deal.

Mon-Fri
0600-0630: Wake up and leave for work
0700-0800: Get my guys out the door and off to job sites
0800-1730: Go to construction sites for bid meetings, walkthroughs, update meetings, installs, service, and help my techs. This is scheduled so tight I have to eat on the road
1730-1830: get back to the office and finish up/catchup on email and prints
1900-2000: WOD @ the box
2000-2030: Grab food from Fresh Market
2030-2130: Cook / eat
2130-2200: Shower / Bed

Friday evening I drive 3 hours to see the girlfriend and get there about 1030, and we head to the box at 0900 on Saturday.
Generally on the weekend we eat pretty decent with lots of steaks, seafood, etc...

Sunday evening I get back home around 2100 and have to get everything ready to start the week again.

My big issue is that with all of this going on I feel I "don't have time to cook" especially since I used to spend all day Sunday doing it.

I take progenex on occassion, and when I eat dinner it's usually sausage or steak along with mixed vegetables.

The problem I am having is what to do that will support my high metabolism, that is quick and easy, and can help me with gains for the rest of the day.

I try and eat as much as possible, but the hard part is finding something I can eat in the truck when I get to a job site real quick without needing a microwave or making a mess.

I was told to drink Protein all day long and take CLA before I eat, but I am hoping someone out there who has / has had my same build can tell me something they KNOW works as opposed to theory.

I've tried some pre-made meals that some vendors in my area supply to Crossfit Affiliates, but as much as I eat to fill up, they end up costing me hundreds of dollars a month just on lunch.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
Chris Mason

Profile:
Re: Need Help with Nutrition and Supps on the go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Batchelor View Post
Stats:
AGE - 31
Height - 6'0"
Weight - 170#
DL: 405
Bench: 205
Fr Sq: 345
HBBS: 345
C&J: 255
Snatch: 190
Fran: 5:08

Here's the deal.

Mon-Fri
0600-0630: Wake up and leave for work
0700-0800: Get my guys out the door and off to job sites
0800-1730: Go to construction sites for bid meetings, walkthroughs, update meetings, installs, service, and help my techs. This is scheduled so tight I have to eat on the road
1730-1830: get back to the office and finish up/catchup on email and prints
1900-2000: WOD @ the box
2000-2030: Grab food from Fresh Market
2030-2130: Cook / eat
2130-2200: Shower / Bed

Friday evening I drive 3 hours to see the girlfriend and get there about 1030, and we head to the box at 0900 on Saturday.
Generally on the weekend we eat pretty decent with lots of steaks, seafood, etc...

Sunday evening I get back home around 2100 and have to get everything ready to start the week again.

My big issue is that with all of this going on I feel I "don't have time to cook" especially since I used to spend all day Sunday doing it.

I take progenex on occassion, and when I eat dinner it's usually sausage or steak along with mixed vegetables.

The problem I am having is what to do that will support my high metabolism, that is quick and easy, and can help me with gains for the rest of the day.

I try and eat as much as possible, but the hard part is finding something I can eat in the truck when I get to a job site real quick without needing a microwave or making a mess.

I was told to drink Protein all day long and take CLA before I eat, but I am hoping someone out there who has / has had my same build can tell me something they KNOW works as opposed to theory.

I've tried some pre-made meals that some vendors in my area supply to Crossfit Affiliates, but as much as I eat to fill up, they end up costing me hundreds of dollars a month just on lunch.
I would not drink just protein all day. That is silly and really an OD on protein. Now, if the shakes you are referring to were more like a meal and had protein, carbs, fats and so on then that would be great. I have a recommendation of my stuff if you are interested? You can message me if you prefer.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
Chris Mason

Profile:

Oh, and do you eat jerky? If so, that can be a nice snack that is easy to bring with you as well as nuts of various types.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
Christian Batchelor

Profile:

Jerky tends to fall into the "Cost a lot" category. But I may just be getting it from the wrong places.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Batchelor View Post
Jerky tends to fall into the "Cost a lot" category. But I may just be getting it from the wrong places.
Ahh, well, nuts are not bad .