CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 10-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #251
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Dating

Let's get back to dating, crossfit and strippers (perhaps in that order) after I post these tips:

1. You need pretty good ab strength. Hanging windshield wipers are one progression to the Flag.

2. I personally think you work up to being able to do a body lever and a wide arm Handstand. WAH is mainly for the feeling of pushing your arms at a weird angle since quite often your arms are at that angle in the Flag...

actually they are pretty close to a snatch grip which may lead one to believing a BW OHS is not a bad assistance skill-but more than likely there are many acrobats who do them who cannot or have never done BW OHS.

3. Learn how to take the flag grip on whatever you are going to flag on (pole, climbing wall, etc) and just hold yourself upside down. Then straddle one leg and start working the negatives.

4. I personally don't like using the tuck/pike body shape for Flag but it works for some. I find it is just odd to balance.

5. Once you can get upside down, you can work straddle negatives, holds and eventually straight.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #252
Paul R. Gunawan

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany Miller View Post
One day... I commented on a picture of a pizza that had the caption something along the lines of it being his "Cheat meal". I know very FEW people in my town that are on the Paleo diet. So naturally I found this amazing. I could finally relate. We went out and are dating now. At the time I was doing a boot camp and absolutely loved going.. I looked forward to working out because it was fun. Well... he talked me into coming to crossfit. Every day we do crossfit together... and while I get frustrated when I physically can't do myself... it's nice having him there. It was only weird at first because I wasn't comfortable in a gym with weights-given I've never really done any real weight lifting. He gives me tips... and sometimes.. just knowing he's there... is my motivation to not stop when I'm whooped.
Good for you Brittany.....I'm also would love to have my significant other to have the same passion that I have for crossfit or healthy lifestyle in general