CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 03-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Aarron Cunningham

Profile:
Lower back fatigue/burn.

Hi all,

After using the search function, it appears that I am not alone in the lower back burning during a run after any movement that requires a rack such as a FS or Squat clean. I seem to be ok with a DL or a snatch as well as a Back Squat. I am otherwise injury free as far as I know. In somebody's experience could this be related to QLO or Medial Glute/Piriformis tightness? After a workout if I stretch, these loosen up very quickly. Alternately could it be tight hip flexors causing the anterior processes of the lumbar spine to be "pinching" one another as I do get great relief from stretching my posterior chain. WOD weights for the aforementioned movements are generally within 40 - 70% of my 1rm.

Does anyone else have another perspective?

(P.S. As I write this I realise that all the movements that I don't get pain from require stabilisation in a different direction from the movements I do!)