CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
Frank Tardi

Profile:
CFJ - Pre-SOF

This may be way out of line, and if it is, im sorry - but i currently ordered the CFJ subscription in march and only have the two from march and april - i was jus wonderin if anyone was willin to possibly email me journals from december thru february. i know i can by them for 5 a piece, but i really see no reason because its basically like buyin another subscription... i jus want to get the all the Pre-SOF articles. I am not tryin to beat the system or be cheap, i jus thought that the Crossfit community may be able to help me out with out costin me more money ( i am a college student at De Paul, not cheap livin out here!) but anyways, if this is against the rules im sorry. Message me if you can help, and message me if i should erase this post. thanks all.

an yes i did post in stuff an nonsense until i realized i prolly should posted in community- sry
Old 04-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Re: CFJ - Pre-SOF

If you're wanting to go SOF, you're not starting out the right way. You are in effect asking people to steal for you, and demonstrating by so doing that you are not actually that serious. Moreover, you are asking people to steal from our own Community a product which is dramatically underpriced to begin with.

If you have the sack to make it through the training, you can find the money. Quite honestly, my suggestion is you delete the post, as it does not put you in a good light.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
Frank Tardi

Profile:

Just letting you know - sharing information is not stealing, it is the basic way of gaining information, in college and in life. Like I said, I am a current subscriber and I share my journals with my brother whom is a former NAVY SWCC. He went through BUD/s training and the like. Is he a thief for not paying personally for the journals? I don't think so. I also share my journals with friends whom I am trying to crossover into CrossFit training. In my perspective, I am promoting CrossFit and expanding the CrossFit community to the best of my ability. So much information is shared through this site that I was unsure of this topic being so touchy and I am sorry. But that is where I am coming from, more from a helping perspective rather than a diminishing my character and of anyone else whom may or may not help me. I do have the money, and it is not that I am cheap but like I said once again, asking for assistance from other community members. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience to those who are highly opposed to the situation I presented.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:00 AM   #4
Jason Donaldson

Profile:

Hey, as an affiliate I can't even give away free CFJ's other than those articles available on the site for free.

Hmmm, why does the term tight arse keep springing to mind. Pay 10 bucks for ****s sake!

Some people never cease to amaze me. This one should've stayed in the nonsense forum. Maybe Lynne or Dave can flick it to Pukie....................
Old 04-03-2008, 06:50 AM   #5
Frank Tardi

Profile:

well i was lookin to see how to get rid of it, but cant seem to find a way on how to delete my own post?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #6
Frank Tardi

Profile:

I feel like revitalizing this post for those who were so eager to not help me out when I asked... Funny how the world works considering the new Crossfit Journal website - looks like Coach and the Team had the same thing in mind, now I am able to get the Pre-SOF Journals I was originally asking for without having people flip out =) THANKS CROSSFIT!
Old 09-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #7
Mark Reinke

Profile:
Thumbs down Re: CFJ - Pre-SOF

How did anyone here even know that you paid for your subscription to begin with? No. This was an issue more appropriately directed in an email to CF customer service, not a public forum. Revitalizing this post only displayed a certain level of maturity.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #8
John C. Brown

Profile:

Frank,

Hey, would your Bro's name be Anthony? If so, I went to boot camp, A-School and then out to SD with him. I was in BUD/s while he was in SWCC. If I am barking up the right Tree (family tree that is) then tell him I said hello and I expect to hear from him directly. If it isn't the same guy, then thanks for your time...

By the way guys, I know that this is all irrelevant now, but maybe telling young Frank here that ordering back issues of the journal or download specific articles would be a better approach to getting his requested info, instead of more or less calling him a thief would be a more personable approach. I know some of you are thinking "who is typing in on John Brown's account!" But I don't think that we always have to take the heavy handed approach.

Frank, one more thing bud, you should really try to use English when you write here. I grew up in Chi town too, and your spelling, as "in-thing" as it may seem to you, makes you look a little dumb...

Last edited by John C. Brown; 09-01-2008 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: More info