CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-23-2005, 05:43 PM   #1
David Wood

Profile:

Calling all NJ-PA-NY area CrossFitters:

Erik Hagman pointed out this race to me:

http://www.runnersmecca.com/2005Nov_Mauler.pdf

This morning (at an ungodly early hour for a weekend), he got me up there to run the course. It suc . . . I mean, it was great! Two laps of a 2.5 K course. Each lap has one LONNNNNG hill (steep enough to need a step every 10 feet or so), and one VERY steep hill (really ought to have a handrail to assist).

Great run; I was pretty thrashed. I don't think Erik was even breathing hard.

So, of course, now I have to do the race.

Erik and I agreed we'll try to run it at least once/month or so between now and November . . . anyone up for a mid- to late-August training date on a weekend?

The only date I'd stay away from is Saturday August 20th, since that's the day the PHL crowd is trying to get together and I don't want to compete with that. (It's also a day the NJ CST people are giving a free "carnival" down in Mercer County; that might be worth going to, as well.)

(The park also has a fine setup for any outdoor WOD, with chinning bars, rings, scalable fences, you name it . . .)