CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 09-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Noah Milstein

Profile:
Holy crap my balance domain is through the roof!

So before getting turned onto crossfit I was playing around with yoga. I wasn't in love with it, as I now relate to crossfit but I enjoyed it and practiced pretty seriously about 5 times a week for about an hour at a time. There were a number of movements and stances that required quite a bit of balance, one in particular always plagued me. From a full lunge (warrior) wrap the arm on the side corresponding to your leading leg around the thigh and have both hands clasp behind your back, then stand up straight while holding the thigh against the belly with hands clasped behind back. After todays WoD I tried going through some yoga for a warm down/recovery and tried this, and it was a freaking cinche! I could have jumped around like that I felt so well balanced. It was a definite eureka moment where I suddenly noticed a massive improvement in one modality that doesn't ordinarily stand out. Just thought I would share. I'll be testing this out more but d*** what a shock that was!

-Noah