CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 10-26-2006, 06:24 PM   #1
Nathan Sobczak

Profile:
I was looking at the club coach cert. reading the requirements and was wondering what it means by "coach one USA Weightlifting member in a sanctioned USA Weightlifting competition to be recognized as a Club Coach" Thanks for your help.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
Kenneth Urakawa

Profile:
So basically you need to have someone compete in a USAW sanctioned event (USAW membership would be required for the athlete), and have them list you as their coach on the entry.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
Mike Burgener

Profile:
the club coach cert was originally developed to train and create olympic weightlifting coaches. what they found out was that mostly trainers, teachers, coaches of sports took the class to learn the movements...they never became weightlifting coaches. the crossfit cert. takes care of this problem. one gets hands on time no classroom stuff and lost of individual attention that helps with the problems that you might have. crossfit cert trains coaches trainers how to coach their clients.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:55 PM   #4
John Tuitele

Profile:
lost of individual attention

I'm thinking of signing up for the January session, but I'd rather wait until there is a version with lots of individual attention.:wink:
Old 10-29-2006, 06:50 PM   #5
Mike Burgener

Profile:
hey.....i am 60 yrs young....mind is going fast....spelling is the craps!!!! sorry!! for you my friend...you will get lost with all the individual attention!!! i dare you to come to the cert!!! the crossfit cert that is!!! hahahahahahaha "the beatings will continue until morale improves!!"
Old 10-29-2006, 07:37 PM   #6
Nathan Sobczak

Profile:
I really do want to go to a crossfit cert as soon as there is one closer to FL. But the reason I was asking about the club coach is that I read that you have to have one to open your own crossfit gym.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:27 AM   #7
Mike Burgener

Profile:
not sure about that one, but i would contact tony b and ask him. i know the recommendations are to take the oly lifting cert. many crossfitters take the club coach cert, but in my opinion the crossfit cert is more hands on time and more individual coaching that is geared towards teaching coaches how to teach and or coach.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:53 AM   #8
Craig Van De Walker

Profile:
6 hours into the second day of the last crossfit cert. At the end of discussion on a topic

coach: "does anyone have any questions".

Hand goes up: "are you going to hurt us again"?

coach: "Yes"

crowd: "nervous laughter"

We got a lot of "attention". I can't wait to do it again
Old 11-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #9
Mike Burgener

Profile:
you must be talking about coach glassman!! NOT coach b....coach b would NEVER, NEVER, say anything like that!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #10
Kenneth Urakawa

Profile:
Yah Burpees.