CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
Micheline Grondin

Profile:
Canadian Insurance tips & tricks

Hi everyone,

I am getting my L1 in July and am looking at getting insurance for my garage, just for personal/friends & family use.

I have looked at some of the more popular insurers in Canada (Sports Can, etc) and I would just like to hear some of your experiences...

Is there any one company you would reccommend (or not)?
Have you ever made a claim? And if you have, was it approved or was it hell? How much did your premiums go up?

Any info at all would be much appreciated
Old 06-01-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
Chris Cooper

Profile:
Re: Canadian Insurance tips & tricks

Hey Micheline! We used SportsCan until this year, when their rates were absolutely crushed by another broker who specializes in CrossFit boxes in Ontario. She literally cut the rate by more than half: jlegal@lmicanada.com - her name is Joanne LeGal.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
Micheline Grondin

Profile:
Re: Canadian Insurance tips & tricks

Thanks Chris, I have been in contact with her already Can you give me any info on your experience with that insurance? Just wondering if you've had a claim, or insured home made equipment, etc.

Thanks!