CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #11
Jacob Tsypkin

Profile:
Re: Anthos vs. CrossFit update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Serrano View Post
We’ve watched CrossFit grow rapidly and continuously over the last decade, outperforming so many corporations in these difficult times. While it’s understandable that the idiosyncrasies of CrossFit’s corporate management style may not be perfect for everyone, the alternatives resulting from a Glassman/CrossFit vs. Glassman/Anthos court action are far worse.

If venture capitalists are allowed to achieve the ownership that they seek, CrossFit will be changed in a way that prioritizes a profit driven, less personal and much less professional application of a superior training method. Those of us who have worked hard and learned over the years (in our case, almost seven) to develop our boxes will find our businesses significantly impacted. Maybe not immediately, but negative change will come.

Many CF’ers have no reason to concern themselves with this looming change. Their ability to workout may not be affected (unless a VC-partner-affected website starts charging for access). Affiliate owners, on the other hand, need to be aware of the potential compulsory changes to their practices. Many have reserved opinion due to a lack of tangible evidence on these boards, that’s understandable. If you want to get an idea of the type of hostile takeover attempt that is being initiated in the Arizona and Delaware courts and how it might affect your business you should take a good look at the documents in the previously posted link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/104644650/...RO-Anthos-Sale (SFW).

If the sale is allowed to take place, our box, with a wide variety of athletes, will be negatively impacted. They want nothing to do with outside entities “offering” or forcing us (via unilateral changes to our affiliate agreements) to alter our business model. Our affiliate’s trainers and involved allied health professionals: yoga instructor, physical therapist and massage therapist have all worked hard to arrive at a small but effective working model that supports our athletes in a great range of their athletic accomplishments. We’ve passed on several friendly and less wise attempts to “monetize” our box. We don’t want or need this one either.

We haven’t been operating as long as some (we’re around the 48th affiliate) but what experience we have has given us a well-developed concept of the type of business autonomy we want and the type of community we want to be a part of. We are blessed to have achieved what we have and are grateful for the support of CF HQ and their staff. We just want to run a box, and not have to cater to some dilettante-silver-spoon kid’s idea of what he thinks is good for CrossFit. If the V.C.’s really want to support us and do all the warm, fuzzy stuff they’re maintaining they’ll do, they can give up a couple percent of that other half of ownership.

This poorly planned sale and attempted takeover are BS. It may be a remote possibility but if Greg and his crew go, we go.
Preach Steve. Preach.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
John C Corona

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
You know, sometimes I really feel down about humanity. People are so damn vindictive and vengeful. What Mrs. Glassman is doing is motivated purely by anger and greed in my opinion. Yes, sure, the argument can be made she should be able to do what she wants etc., but she could make out like a bandit and not hurt CrossFit and its thousands of affiliates not to mention the entire HQ staff and her ex in the process, yet she has willfully chosen a different path. No one is perfect, myself included, but at some point you have to make choices and especially when the right choice is still incredibly beneficial to you (to the tune of making millions of dollars), why not make it?
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

...I wanted to leave just the quote, cause I totally agree with you. But to play devils advocate, and I hate to say it, to be fair, we have no idea what went down behind doors. What if it was Greg that 'boiled her pet rabbit' (I heard Greg was paleo), or beat her, causing her plastic surgery. Still, she could be the 'bigger man', and she doesnt have to hurt everyone else. OK, so in 3 sentences I did a circle, and am back at the quote, where I shoulda stopped. ...so Im not as prophetic as some of you...

Last edited by John C Corona : 09-09-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #13
Russell Greene

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C Corona View Post
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

...I wanted to leave just the quote, cause I totally agree with you. But to play devils advocate, and I hate to say it, to be fair, we have no idea what went down behind doors. What if it was Greg that 'boiled her pet rabbit' (I heard Greg was paleo), or beat her, causing her plastic surgery. Still, she could be the 'bigger man', and she doesnt have to hurt everyone else. OK, so in 3 sentences I did a circle, and am back at the quote, where I shoulda stopped. ...so Im not as prophetic as some of you...
Did you just suggest, without evidence, that Greg may have beaten his ex-wife? Or cooked her pet?

(That shouldn't be a question. I realize you did suggest that. I'm just in shock.)
Old 09-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #14
John C Corona

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Greene View Post
Did you just suggest, without evidence, that Greg may have beaten his ex-wife? Or cooked her pet?

(That shouldn't be a question. I realize you did suggest that. I'm just in shock.)
Oh yeah, very very much without eveidence. I know nothing of them personally, never did. I didnt even know he was married before this. Hope I didnt go over the line, or worse, make it seem like I knew somthing. I thought the "what if such n such" was clearly a "what if". If I had stopped at the rabbit reference, mighta come more across as a joke (unless they really have rabbits?). I guess there was a point about her vengflness might have reasons, but I know nothing, and never did, have, not my business.

Please, forgive me for a bad attempt at a joke. I love Greg and Crossfit, its a big portion of my life, and I want to see it continue without this b.s.

Last edited by John C Corona : 09-10-2012 at 06:21 PM.