CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
Matt Meeuwsen

Profile:
Daily Food

Firstly, I have used the search function and not found what I was looking for. I have read several "diet" books (Atkins, South Beach, Zone, NeanderThin, other Low-Carb books). I currently am mixing some Atkins and South Beach recipes, but I started with eating the following on a daily basis.

BREAKIE
2-3 eggs
Bacon, canadian bacon or turkey sausage
Fruit

LUNCH
Bowl of lettuce
4 oz. Salmon
1/4 cup Craisins
Olive oil/balsamic vinegar
Fruit

SNACK
Handful of Nuts

POST WORKOUT
Shake

DINNER
4-6 oz. Protein
Helping of veggies

SNACK
Fruit/yogurt/nuts

This is pretty boring, but it seemed to work for me, not the missus, so I am going with a mix of receipes. I am 6' and was about 202# five weeks ago. I am doing the first Brass Ring 12-week cycle to get me pyhsically up to speed to dive into the WOD's (Yes, I know they are scaleable and I got on the CF bus about 3 years ago, then fell off hard). I am now 190# and have some bellyfat to lose.

Thanks for reading this far. Here's the question.... In watching the CF Games vids, and looking at the physiques of the elite athletes, I am wondering how strict their diets are and what the diets consist of. I know the usual suspects, lean proteins, fruits/veggies, nuts, oils, avocado, etc... But what I'd like is a sample of a daily diet and how strict or relaxed you are with it. I seek only functional fitness and not the ripped physique, but I wonder what is being consumed on a fairly regular basis to fuel these machines (I understand the block methods).

So if you could, please post what you eat on a regular basis, interval, simple meal, etc. that would shed light on how to properly eat w/o overeating and maintain a great diet w/o having to count all the carbs, cals, and g of proteins.

Hope this is succint enough. Thanks for taking the time.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Jay Cohen

Profile:
Re: Daily Food

No, not a good idea.

Why don't you just keep doing what you're doing, tweak, report back. What works for you, might not work for others, plus these topics have been covered, posted, discuss, at length

Consider the search function as your friend.