CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 11-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #11
Philip Rogers

Profile:
Re: Too much fruit in paleo/zone diet?

Hey guys, I am a pretty large sucker at 5'8" 220lbs. I have approx. 165-170lbs LBM and I am very active on most days.

I'll adjust from 20 blocks if necessary, but we'll see what happens.

Thanks, guys. I'm afriad to drop protein too low with less blocks, so hopefully this works out. As with anything, nothing is set in stone, it can be tweaked!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #12
Ben Chapman

Profile:

Hmm, I'm suspicious of 170 lbs of LBM at 5'8" unless you're REALLY REALLY muscled. How did you acquire your body comp results? Tape, dunk tank?

That being said, I am on 24 blocks a day (which is 3 less than RXed for me) but I am 6'5" 235 with a LBM of 205 ish. So 20 isn't too much in my mind if you are no kidding that high in LBM.

As to fruit, a lot of fruits have a pretty moderate to high glycemic index, so you want to try and get them in post-workout if possible, try focusing on veggies if you can, you'll find that it's ALOT to try and eat that many vegetables in one sitting. I am currently battling the shear availability of veggies. I'm deployed and our meal hall has plenty of fruits lying around, but goodness, look for vegetables in any variety and you're mostly stuck with salad and that's only at lunch and dinner, Breakfast I can only pretty much get my carbs from fruit. I'm coming to the point of breaking down and buying veggies from the commisary.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
Philip Rogers

Profile:

Hi Ben,

I used some strange device at my gym that the trainers use. I doubt it was terribly accurate, but I don't think it was that far off. I've been lifting for 6 years and came down from 396lbs, so I've been actively working hard for quite some time.

I can imagine at 24 blocks you are really struggling to eat and find that many vegetables. Thanks for the advice and good luck to you!