CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-27-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
Daniel Niederer

Profile:
Talking Dan's WO Log

So after 4.5 years in the Marine Corps trying to achieve some level of elite fitness (or at least get on the right path) I've finally stumble upon Crossfit and I think I'm headed in the right direction. I've been participating at Crossfit Oceanside for about 3 weeks but have recently moved up to Crossfit Marina (EAS'ed on 04/25/08!!) and plan on staying there for a good while.

I'm counting this upcoming Monday as day 1 because it will be my first 5 days on / 2 days off week and I just started the zone last friday.

Just a little info so you guys know where I'm at:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 180#s
Zone: 19 blocks/day (only 1xfat)

I'm doing the 19 blocks because I've gotten to the point where getting skinnier isn't necessarily what I want anymore... I'm looking for over all performance instead of weight-loss.

Let it be known that if my yantas don't tighten up over the next few months I might go back down to 17 blocks for a while.

Hopefully, the fire department is in my futur because it's a great job to have a second job. My friend and I are interested in filling the Crossfit gap for Anaheim Hills/Yorba Linda... who knows? If we dream big maybe we can have our own affiliate over here and not have to drive so far!

Wish me luck guys!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
Daniel Niederer

Profile:
Wink Re: Dan's WO Log

All Right... day one...

The 19 blocks has been bothering me since I started on Friday. I'm going back to 17 and doing 2x fat after asking Steve and Denise about it. Steve just looked at me weird and said "you don't need 19 blocks." lol

Today's WOD
Five rounds for time of:
95 pound Hang Power Snatch, 15 reps
Run 400 meter

23:00min with 45# bar.

I kinda cheesed it on the run because I was fightin' back the 5 block egg quesadilla the whole work out... I'll make up for it tomorrow.

So today was 37 burpees... that means I got 700 to go to catch up!!!
I'm gonna start playing catchup tomorrow during the warm-up and after the wod. On the way back down from 100 I'm going to do the burpees with a pull-up G.I. Jane style.

btw - went surfing for 5 hours today; 3 at Huntington Beach and 2 at Camp Pendleton. I feel bad for all of you who don't have access to the Pendleton... you're missing out on a great beach break.

aight... more tomorrow.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
Daniel Niederer

Profile:
Re: Dan's WO Log

All right...

WOD:
Thruster 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

1. 95
2. 105
3. 115
4. 125
5. 135
6. 145 attempted - 135
7. 135

I should have gone up in smaller increments at the end to try and get to 140#. Noted for next time.

Went to the beach after the WOD but the waves were poor at best. I got a couple of good runs in but then decided to get a little extra rest for tomorrow... my shoulders are killing me!

737 burpees left to catch up... ugh!

I did my 38 burpees 5 at a time in between the thruster reps - btw

I think I'm gonna take out my board and practice pop-ups later tonight to knock some numbers off my total.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
Daniel Niederer

Profile:

Sorry about the delay... all I can say is that life caught up with me yesterday

WED 04/30/08
Used some errands as an excuse to skip the WOD. I'm not proud of it, but it happened and now I'm looking at why. I've been feeling extra tired as if I'm not getting enough energy. Since I just started "The ZONE" and it's been the only major change in my lifestyle I'm going to make another tweak to my diet. I gotta set myself up success but it take a little while with this trial and error bull**it.

I'm going to be doing 4 meals a day get myself out of the kitchen so much. Maybe some of you eat more often but this is what I feel will work best. 3 meals around the normal time and 1 snack in between lunch and dinner.

Here's the basic break down:
-16 blocks at 2x fat.
-My post workout meal is going to include some high density carbs such as chocolate milk/yams/fruit or something of the sort.
-If at any time I feel there is just too much carb blocks or if I don't have enough around to make my requirement I will substitute it with 3 blocks of fat.

I'm going to see where this takes me for a while. 19 blocks = too much food and 17 makes for odd numbers. 4 blocks x 4 meals = KISS: Keep it simple stupid.

BTW - 39 burpees were completed with 703 more to catch up.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
Daniel Niederer

Profile:

Back in the saddle again.

For all of you looking for someone to shed a little light on "the zone" take a look at these three articles. They will help you more than Mastering the zone ever could.

- Performance Menu Issue #2
- Crossfit Journal Issue #21
- 42 Ways to skin the zone (Robert Wolf)

I feel good for the first time in a while. Not too full, not too hungry... juuuust right.

WOD:
Freaky Frantic Fran!

Complete as many rounds in twenty minutes as you can of:
65 Pound Thruster, 10 reps
10 Pull-ups

8 rnds completed as Rx'd + 40 Burpees. 703 still left but will post some progress on tomorrows post.

I'm gonna sign up for the Oly Weight Lifting Seminar on the 10th tomorrow.
Also, I'm looking to put together a team for the Trevor A. Winie Challenge on the 26th.

btw - got an abmat for my wife so she can bring in to her dance class and show the so-called "crunch queen" what's up.

Untill tomorrow
Old 05-02-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
Daniel Niederer

Profile:

Just a quick one today...

The 16 blocks seem to be working out... I'm finally getting this zone thing down.

WOD:
400 meter Run
30-Box Jumps
30-KB Swings
3-Rounds for time:
+41 Burpees.

18:35 with 35# KB and I think a 20" box.

I will be attending the Oly Lifting Seminar with Sage B. on the 10th... Really looking forward to it.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:14 PM   #7
Daniel Niederer

Profile:

Saturday... Rest Day... Good Day

Someday I'll try the 3 on 1 of but the 5/2 works better with life.

41 burpees at the pool today. Not bad eh?

More burpees tomorrow
Old 05-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #8
Daniel Niederer

Profile:

Aight.. didn't post the rest day but be assured that right after my 43 burpees I got another full day of rest and relaxation in.

WOD:
"Murph"
For time:
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run
w/20# vest

Used a 24# vest and did it in 1:20:00

Puked on the last run... not much but enough to make the taste in my mouth stick.

Diet is working great. Very versatile after applying a little common sense. I'm gonna up it to 3x fat next week.

I want to die btw... I don't know how I'm going to pump these burpees out.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #9
Daniel Niederer

Profile:

A little late on yesterdays.

WOD:
Shoulder press 1-1-1-1-1 reps
Push press 3-3-3-3-3 reps
Push Jerk 5-5-5-5-5 reps

95-100-105-115-115
115-120-125-125-130
115-95-105-115-115

I went down on the PJ's weight because I'm still learning the movement and wanted to practice form first. Learned to to the Spilt-jerk... i think I'll do that next time.

BTW- it's been a day and I don't remember the PP weights exactly but they're all close.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #10
Daniel Niederer

Profile:

Ok, now for today's.

WOD:
50 Burpees - For time.

Completed 5:10

Still have the rest of todays burpees to go.

I'd like to note that I am sore everywhere and hope this will stop eventually.
16 blocks is going good and strong and I"ll be increasing the fat to 3x on Monday.

until tomorrow