CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
Samuel Woullard

Profile:
too many calories

I've been trying to zone for a few weeks now, still getting the hang of it. I am 5' 11" , 194lbs and by the zone calculations, 17% body fat. I am spec ops military, so I am very active and work out alot. I ran the calculation from the enter the zone book, and came up with my needing 140g pro per day. I tried that and it wasn't enough. I was constantly starving and never had energy. I bumped up my pro to about 200g per ady, and it seem much better. I eat 2 meals and 3 snacks per day. My carb to pro ratio for each meal stays between .75 - .80, the book says .75 is optimal. My problem is my fat intake is bout 5/8 of my pro intake and my calories are way over 2000 per day. I eat healthy foods such as egg whites, natural peanut butter, peanuts, fruits, ect. I feel fine, but am concerned about my low fat and high calorie intake. Should I be, should I keep trying to readjust my diet? Or does this sound good and I should hammer on?

Thanks
Samuel