CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Hey folks I've been testing and adjusting on the new Mission Specific Industries website. M.S.I. is my company which owns CrossFit Mobile, I've amalgamated both websites into one, I had to do this in order to conserve my resources and effort.

Share your opinions, it still needs some work hence me not yet updating the domain name, though I feel its simplicity is appealing.

The following link is family safe and includes information relative to fitness (crossfit) and tactical training. It is geared to LEO/Military personel.

http://web.mac.com/pierre_auge/iWeb/MSI
Old 11-19-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
Travis Loest

Profile:
Pierre,
Looks good. I was just thinking about a CrossFit t-shirt store. The CrossFit community is creepy in it's prescientient abilities. I am so getting the "useful tool" t-shirt.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:09 PM   #3
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Oh haha thanks, yeah I like that one!

I was inpired to make that shirt when I did Tabata Somthing Else with Greg Amundson in September. I had driven about 6000 miles at this point hadn't worked out consistently in about two months and didn't warm-up. I totally felt like a tool during and at the end of the workout. I seriously think I had a mild case of Rhabdo.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #4
Skip Chase

Profile:
Am I missing something.....Pierre I am unable to determine who you are, what you specifically offer, where you are or when you offer it.

I am able to determine what you charge, but I am not able to determine what you will offer me in return.

Where and when are the group classes offered?
I want to drive by and see your facility.....???
I am not LEO nor military....will you train me?

I am sorry, but I don't see enough info to entice me to email nor call.

www.mtbakercrossfit.blogspot.com
Old 11-19-2006, 04:12 PM   #5
John Seiler

Profile:
I agree with Skip.

Two other things:
-The site is VERY dark which to ME is very visually unappealing. My eye doesn't want to look at it. I think you can still get the effect of black without it being ALL black.
-There is nothing about your links that make me want to click them. I also have to say their placement, font, etc. does not make them immdiately obvious.

I've tried my hand at a site in the past so I know how difficult they can be. When I was building my site I read some research about surfing the net. I forget the exact time frame but the point behind the findings is that your site has to be nearly immediately obvious as to whether or not it can provide the information the surfer is looking for or they click back.

Good luck.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Skip, John,
all points good ones and taken underconsideration. I'm still working on much of the content hence it being still under construction.

This isn't my first website either, in the past my sites were very elaborate and I'm trying to find a balance between simplicity and useabilty.

I've no location so the group classes don't actually exist... I'm currently an "in home" trainer which I assume I should make very clear by removing any of the useless information.

Any suggestions on the link placement/format? Because all of this takes me very little time to change and effect. Thanks for the input.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #7
John Seiler

Profile:
Hey Pierre,

I'm writing this at exactly 8:00pm CST. I mention that because it looks like you are still working.

I REALLY like the white borders. Much more appealling visually. I also like that the links are in a position where they are quickly recognized as a "nav bar". I would change the font to something bigger or that really stands out. Finally, I liked the Crossfit logo so I'd put that back.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:39 PM   #8
Pierre Auge

Profile:
John it does 21:27 EST
Old 11-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #9
Steve Nugent

Profile:
Pierre,
FWIW, I want at least a picture on the front page...I don't have any justification or experience with websites (other than clicking on mostly NON work or family safe ones). I would also like a different, "tidier" font (once again, for no good reason). I would subsribe to "Watts Up."
Steve
Old 11-20-2006, 05:50 AM   #10
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
A couple of quick thoughts ..

- the dark background and white font hurt my eyes, especially with the fading - too much going on

- try to stick with two font styles, much more than that and it looks too busy

- it looks like you're developing for 800x600 ... no one uses that anymore. Expand your real estate!