CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 05-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
Matt Carroll

Profile:
One of my goals is to do one Muscle-up, and I’ve been working on it for quite some time on a straight bar. I lost faith, and forked out the money for some rings. Then my dips, which I have always been able to knock out 20-30 comfortably on some dip bars, were a weak ugly 3 reps on the rings. Once I was able to do 10 dips on the rings at one time, I moved onto the MU again. Now the issue was my false grip. So I added jumping pull-ups with a false grip on the rings to my workout, which I did 5 times a week. Also, 5 weighted reps of dips on rings, and 5 weighted pull-ups. I’m not able to GTG, so that’s my reasoning for the weights. After some advice from this board (Thanks Craig Loizides) on how to pull-up, I dropped the jumping pull-ups. So today at the gym, I did a little smoker of a workout. The workout had pull-ups incorporated, so at the end, it was time to work on dips alone. So that’s the long prolog!
Today, I decided to try a MU, and today…I succeeded! It wasn’t smooth, and my face sure wasn’t pretty, but I did it. I was so excited I came down to fast to even attempt another. I was pretty proud. I expected everyone in the gym to drop what they were doing and start a slow clap for me, and then throw their fists in the air cheering. I guess the swinging bicep curls were more important….
So that’s my testimony of my first MU. Next goal for MU is improve on my one, make it smoother, then work on multiple reps. 3 in a row. About 6 months on a straight bar, and a little over a month of the rings, I finally did my first MU. No big deal.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:02 AM   #2
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Congrats. I'm sure in our group there would be much clapping and congratulatin' if ya did. If you were a lil guy, you go ring a bell and get applause.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
Nick Cruz

Profile:
May seems to be a good month for Muscle-ups!

Congrats