CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-28-2004, 05:35 PM   #11
Roy

Profile:

This is such a good discussion, I just had to get involved. I'd like to point out that one way to know how food intake may effect you is to look at your parents. Better yet, your siblings.

I got my dad on the CKD in January when he was at an obese 247. Here are some compelling facts about his progress.

1. He NEVER counted calories. PERIOD.

2. I sware, he got more carbs than he should have on his low carb days via many almonds and lots of veggies including tomatoes.(lots)

3. his carb up period was any "Good ole american dish" pizza, beer, bread, etc. He also had fruit though.

4. He does not work out. Just his daily full time shift at a ranching store(labor involved, especially heavy lifting which could be counted as his workout)

Status now: 214, looking slightly more muscular. says he's never felt better in over 30 years.

This, in a way, gives me an idea of how a low carb/cyclic diet may effect me in the long run. Apparently, not bad. i've been experiemtning with NHE, CKD, athletes zone, warrior, and now TKD. The TKD is working fantastic because it is simply something new. Im basically on a low carb plan all day, except for a strawberry banana(real strawberries and banana) and whey smoothie post workout.

I dont count calories, but I do follow the basic "Eat meat, vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar..."

Have any questions? just "Ask" your family.

Cheers

Roy
Old 04-28-2004, 05:45 PM   #12
Kevin Roddy

Profile:
Roy - Glad to hear your dad is having success with the CKD!
Old 04-29-2004, 03:20 AM   #13
Paul Kayley

Profile:
Alex - thanks for your kind words.... next year I look forward to following a more Crossfit style of training regime... just want to do Ironman Austria and Nice first.